1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The PERFECT Party

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by MattJacobs, Jul 28, 2000.

1. MattJacobs Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] You guys are going to rip me a new one for this, but I used the Character editor from TeamBG.com and created a party. It contained:
    2 Fighters
    1 Cleric
    2 Mages
    1 Thief

All human, single-classed characters. However, I started them all out with maxed out at 25 stats, and at the tenth level. Now, I'll admit that after three hours of playing this way, I was a little bored, but it was still fun for a while.

I just thought I would share that with everyone. Later.

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The first time I edited was after the forth time that I beat it!!!!! I think its okay after you beat it a few times, by the way, have you beaten the game without cheating!!!???

3. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] Eggman, just curious ,when you cheat, do crank the difficulty setting all the way up, or do leave it @ the default????? i personally dont like to cheat, but i have, and when i do i make as hard as possible.

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The first time I cheated, no. From than on yes. Eggman, I like that, THANKS!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by The Fat Egg (edited July 29, 2000).]

5. MattJacobs Gems: 1/31

No need to get upset, Egg. To answer your question, no, I had not beat the game yet, however, after getting as far as I had without cheating, I stopped. I then, almost, finished the game this weekend without cheating. I think I need another hour or two. There's your answer.

6. Ciller Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I found the game to not be that hard!! I dont know if it was my team or what, but I blasted through the enemies and the few puzzels easily. The game did take up a large portion of my time over a few weeks, but I didnt play it for more then a few hours at a time. This is the team I had.

Fighter dwarf
    Fighter human
    Ranger Human
    Paladain Human
    Theif/Mage Half-Elf
    Druid Elf

With four up front and a mage to back them up and having the extra little tidbits a theif has was excellent. My druid did an wonderfull job of helping my team out with healing, praying/chanting, and summoning creatures.

7. MattJacobs Gems: 1/31

Its not that I found the game overly difficult, just a little time consuming. And as I stated before, I only used the "cheat" party to get to where I was in my regular party. Once I reached that point, I switched back to the regular party. I didn't think it was all that difficult to understand the first time.

8. Dark Phoenyx Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Whenever you people talk about cheating, you always talk about the teamBG editor. The only cheating I did, I did straight from the hex of the .gam file, which it sounds like the teamBG editor edits. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel that if you can't edit the file yourself(it's too easy to be considered hacking), then you aren't worthy of the cheat. I mean, it's like when the magazines release the codes on some games to get you into later parts of the game. Sure you can go far, but its not you who did it, and since you bought the game, why let someone else do your playing?

9. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I agree with Dark Phoenyx. Personally, I never cheat - I find it not worth spoiling the challenge.

Roleplaying is supposed to make the game look like real life. It is far from real just because you can save & load - and if you start to cheat it's not going to be an RPG but a fairy tale.

10. Slipper Gems: 1/31

Well said Modjahed. Its like chaeting at golf, What's the point.

11. MattJacobs Gems: 1/31

I guess that you people are too righteous to cheat. Please pray for us lowly cheaters.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.