1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question on a Fight in Chapter 6

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Onionlord, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Onionlord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ok, I've killed that anoying Dark Elf Wizzard and his pet Iron Golems. I've sweet talked the thief into giveing me his badge ( it was that or his life, he choose wisely i do think ) now I walk into this room with a bunch of bladed skeletons. No problem I dispatch them like yesterdays garbage. Ten steps later I'm ravashed by a bunch of emotiom casting mummies and zombie lords. The zombies are no big deal really, shades and demishadow monsters make short work of them. but these darn mummies and their emotiom spell gets me every time. Also whats the deal with the Idol in that room? will destroying it stop the mummies?

General Info on my group:

Fighter 11
    Ranger 11
    Paladin 11
    Cleric 12
    Mage 12
    Fighter/Thief (unsure of levels but in the 8-10 range )

All but the mage have -7 ac or better.

On an unrelated topic. I use my mage alot on Mage Agressive AI script. It says he will cast offensive spells yet the only offensive spells he casts are first level ones? At first i thought he only would cast those in the quick cast keys because i keep Magic Missle there and he'll cast that. but i sometimes have a higher level spell like acid arrow or icelance in the other spot and he wont cast those any ideas why? is it a flaw in the script? can one edit the scripts?
    am i just rambling for no reason? on second thought ignore that last question, i dont want to know the answer ;)

2. Jarron Gems: 1/31

If you destroy the idol all the undead die. But, and this is a big but, you don't get experience for killing the undead by killing the idol first. So if you want the xp clear out the undead first. Its not too hard if you slowly move into the room so that you gradually uncover the fog of war. Me, I had my cleric do nothing but turn undead. That kept most of the minor undead away while I dealt with the mummies and zombie lords. Just don't let any of your party go chasing the undead as they run away or you'll get overwhelmed. Summoning monsters works good too because the bad guys focus their attacks on them while you pelt them with missle weapons.

3. Cota Gems: 1/31

Ok, first off, yes the idol is the key, destroy that and everything else dies.

A tactic that works fairly well here (and some other battles), is to send only one of your members into the fray, make sure he gets in sight of the idol. Someone with some hitpoints works well to survive the intial onslaught of spells, don't send your mage though. Soon as he's in sight of the idol, have your mage cast Otilukes Resilient Sphere on him. Then have the rest of your party go engage the idol. Melee, arrows, magic missles, what ever you got.

As for scripting, I have never used the scripts so I don't know much about it. However, BG had a script editor (It doesn't work with IWD as I recall), IWD will have one but it hasn't been completed. Not 100% sure on the IWD one, but I think I read that somewhere.

-Cota

4. Onionlord Gems: 1/31

I figured destroying the Idol would destroy the undead. After makeing the post I went into the game to try again. I noticed that I could pull two mummies and two zombies at a time if I was carefull and with the theif hideing i could get some skull traps set and silince the mummies via sil 15 foot. I did that to one side, exit rest rinse repeat on other side. When I went up against the Idol I did it kinda cheeply. I sent Shades and an invisible stalker up to the idol first, again useing a sneaking theif to target. The statue wasted all it's spells on my summoned creatures and my warriors hacked to to pieces.

Thanks for the replys, tho after beating that fight so eaisly I feel like a fool for even posting it in the first place.

:: sits and waits for an expansion or something cause that last fight with Polquin left me feeling as tho the job wasnt finished, even tho he was banished for a hundred years ::

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.