1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Khalid really all THAT bad?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Niskers, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    In BG1 Jaheira's Dex is 14 so she'll not get a great AC plus since she's multiclass she'll progress more slowly. Anyway her duidic spell are great addition to any party, plus she got a good CON. So I can see why people may dislike Jaheira in BG1 but she's a great NPC too.

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Quiet frankly, I like Khalid a whole lot as a fighter. I'd use him more, but I just can't stand Jaheira!

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Indeed Jaheira blows, if I use Khalid, which I normally always do, I kill Jaheira immediately. He pretty much owns with a bow.

4. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Why use Khalid with a bow? This is a total waste. He can have at max *** in bows. You would be better off with Kivan or Coran, who both have better dex and have the elf bonuses - plus coran is the best bowman in the game.

Khalid should be a front-line tank first and foremost. Otherwise he is just wasted.

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Me + Shar teel + Minsc = tanks

Kivan + Khalid + Coran = bows for me ;x

6. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A tank is all about taking the hits. Khalid should have many more hps than both Shar-teel and Minsc.

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

He has low strength plus thats what I play with and I couldn't care less if he has more hp or not.

8. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The only basher better than Khalid is that psychokiller Arryn Morgerim...

9. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah, I would just like to say I don't usually use Khalid or Jaheira.

I used them both as front liners, back when I was an idiot. I thought I was too good for reading the manual, and I couldn't figure out how to cast spells because I didn't want to click on somehting and accidently kill someone. Wow, it was embarassing to admit that. Good thing I shaped up...

10. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I like Khalid, he served me well as a tank :) He and Minsc made a formidable team. With both there lovers....and leaving me without one.... :(

11. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I like Khalid very much in BG1.
    Minsc gets the best armor and sword&shield, Khalid gets the second best armor, a bow and a two-handed sword.
    As for me, his comments and complaints were funny, not annoyoing at all.

12. dAS Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I always found Khalid useful. I always took Jahiera too, with two or more tanks, a pure cleric wasn't the most important to me, though a few times through I took one and Jahiera.

13. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I don't mind Khalid at all. I don't have him in my group at the moment cause I needed a theif.

14. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I don't think Khalid is at all wasted if you use him as an archer (primarily).

He can be very good with his bow, and if the enemies close, he's going to switch to a melee weapon. He'll still be very good with largeswords (even if you keep him at "just" specialized).

I like both Khalid and Jaheira. I wouldn't dream of a party without either of them.

15. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Khalid's stutter always puts me off and when he inevitably gets whacked (as tends to happen when he heads into a fight with no weapons and armour) I don't feel like expending money bringing him back from beyond the grave. Jaheira is useful; Khalid is just like a weaker version of Minsc without Boo.

16. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

He may be wimpy, he is a hell of a fighter, and because he is a fighter, i always put him at the front line(never ranged weapons on him), my other character all have ranged weapons.
    Because of this, Khalid always gets best armor, shields and other AC improving things, he also gets best close-combat weapons, with all this together, he can turn out to become a very difficult to kill character.

17. Sarevok 435 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

that answer is simple yes

18. Edwin Gems: 3/31

Again, I say Minsc is better. Check out the "What the heck is a harper" topic and read my most recent post. If you don't like Dynaheir, just kill her. However, if you want the harper quest in Baldur's Gate, keep Khalid and Jaheira. Still, I feel sorry for Khalid in BGII (being stuck on that table by Irenicus in the mephit portal room!)

19. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

As Khalid has never made it through a game of mine in one piece I've never given much thought to the corpse in Irenicus' dungeon. And being tortured to death by Irenicus would be a doddle compared to the times I've killed him off myself.

20. Edwin Gems: 3/31

Yeah, like when I had Jahiera pelt him with bullets until he died and then Jahiera still mourned for her own doing!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.