1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Moridor's Box (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Ziggyveld, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I'm having several problems with this quest - I thought I'd give it a try due to the artifact you can get at a certain point in the adventure...

So I've picked up the box, ran around Sigil in order to get rid of it, and before speaking to the wizardress (she's the one that lives near the Mortuary) who tells me to check the Cathedral in the Alley of Dangerous Angles, I did some unrelated quest in the catacombs near her home.

I then proceeded to do a bit of wandering before finally banishing the vile demon into another dimension. Problem is, my journal says 'Talk to Mar about the Box', and when I do so, I only have two choices:

"I didn't deliver it yet."
    or
    "I've left the Hive with the Box!"

Neither are appropriate, since the demon *is* banished. If I pick the latter, he simply turns red and attempts to run away, and if it's the former he simply does nothing and asks me to give the box to that one person in the warehouse. The quest still remains in my journal, regardless of whether he is alive or dead.

My two questions are:
    Will the demon of Moridor's Box still appear correctly in Curst's Ruins, even if I did not/cannot talk to Mar?

Is there a way to actually finish this quest by talking to Mar or have I somehow screwed up?

Could it be possible that doing the catacomb quest count as 'getting out of the hive'?

And I haven't opened up the Lower & Clerk's Ward, nor have visited Ragpicker's Square.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Thais Paradox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

First off - I'd assume that, the Infinity Engine being what it is, the dialogue for 'I've Left the City with the Box' would only appear if you've triggered it to - I.E, left the city with the box. I know *I* never saw that choice. On the other hand, were you to leave the city, the fiend (as I recall) is meant to attack you, which it obviously hasnt.

Delving into the catacombes beneath Sigil is likely counted 'leaving the hive' - almost certainly if you went further than the Dead Nations.

My opinion is you should attempt to complete the quest in any case, regardless of Mar (its been a while, but I reckon after bringing it to the warehouse you dont need to speak with Mar again, anyway. The point is moot unless you're looking for experience, though, as he carries his reward for you on his body.

Try opening the box. If you're attacked, you can probably safely bet you'll be seeing it again in Curst-Gone.

This is all assuming, of course, that you still have the box intact (that is, its wards havnt yet been broken).

Good Luck, anyway.

TP.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do you still have the box?

What catecombs are you talking about?

There are the four sections of the hive, the mortuary and the Alley of Dangerous Angles -- if you left any of those the quest may be broken.

If you open the box or break the quest, a demon should attack you (nowhere near the difficulty of the Curst Gone demon and no ring). If you properly banished the demon (the priest opens the box, banishes the demon and keeps a ruby) then the demon should be in Curst Gone -- talking to Mar only nets an additional reward.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.