1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

no companion bodies at fortress of regrets

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Xbladen, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Xbladen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For some reason on the rooftop of the fortress of regrets my companions bodies are non existent. When i try to resurrect them in the dialouge or after i've merged with the trancedent one the spell is cast then the game scrolls to a black corner of the map and stays there. I have the two disk version of ps:torment with platter's fix pack, the restoration mod and armour for planescape torment installed. I've tried reinstalling the game and deleting the contents of my overide folder but this simply results in the save games not loading. Can anyone suggest a solution as this is my first time though the game i would like to know the ending rather than having to play though it all again.

2. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    It could be that you installed the patch. Installing the patch with the 2 cd version can mess up a whole bunch of stuff.

3. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

When you enter the Fortress the game saves your NPCs info in the override folder, to be retrieved when you enter the rooftop. I don't know if this applies to your case but the problem you described will happen if the contents of the override folder are removed between entering the Fortress and getting to the rooftop, or if you bring a save game during this time from one install of the game to another (since the new install will have a different override folder).

4. Xbladen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorry i took so long to reply i was so traumatized by the experience i forgot to check. Thanks for your help both of you, I think installing the patch was what did it. It was incredibly frustrating to get to the very end and have it crash, ruined the experience for me. I'm about to start it again though, as it's worth playing more than once. Thanks again for your help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.