1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Restoration pack - Gone?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Midnight Voyager, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Midnight Voyager Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Strange that no one has reported the website missing... hopefully it hasn't been for long, and will be back. Otherwise, I have the files, but they're from 2004. I suspect things might have been updated since then, so if anyone has a more recent copy, please send it in.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I think it's only temporary. I visited the site last week, and everything was working properly. I didn't try to download the Restoration Pack, but there was no indication it was missing or anything.

4. Midnight Voyager Gems: 1/31

Meh. I hope it's only temporary. They seem to have discouraged mirroring. At least, I sure can't find one.

EDIT: Blargh. Yes, this is officially driving me nuts! They did discourage mirroring, judging by Google's cache of their stuff and my mirror search.

Does anyone happen to have a recent version?

[ November 13, 2005, 00:48: Message edited by: Midnight Voyager ]

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

you could try to contact platter.. wasn't he one of the people that helped work it out?

6. vesselle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Platter's already given me the mail of the guy in charge, but I haven't received a response yet.

8. Archy Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Could someone upload the restoration pack or send it to me? I can't seem to find it anywhere either.

Thanks Taluntain, I'm looking forward to the update. :)

[ November 26, 2005, 04:14: Message edited by: Archy ]

9. Taluntain

Media:
    I'll put it on SP with today's site content update.

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Taluntain, did you learn what happened to the site?

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Complete lack of interest on the part of the developers, apparently.

12. Taluntain

Media:
  13. Archy Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Awesome update! I started a new game with the restoration pack, and already notice the new features, like extra dialog, the mortuary alarm, and the neck cracking sound. Adds more depth to this magnificent game. Thanks Taluntain for uploading this!

I wonder if the Fix Pack works with this? I installed it first, then installed the restoration pack, although it overwrites some files for the fix pack.

Thanks again Taluntain!

14. Taluntain

Media:
    Np... I really don't get it how the team that worked on it could simply pull the plug on it all and not even hand the files over to SP. I'm not sure if that's the latest version, but it's the best I could come up with.

As for Platter's fix pack, they modify some of the same files, so I don't know if they're really compatible. Hopefully Platter will chime in and clarify...

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    On the subject of compatibility:

I've had a look at the files that are common between the Restoration Pack and Platter's Fixpack. Almost all of the common files say "bug fixed by Platter" in their description in the Restoration Pack. In fact some of them are exactly identical. Those that are not usually have an extra component in the Restoration Pack. Therefore, I'm guessing it should be safe to install both and not mess up anything. Here's my recommended install order:

1. Install the game (obviously)
    2. Offical 1.1 patch
    3. Platter's Fixpack, overwrite all files
    4. Restoration Pack, overwrite all files.

(alternatively you could install Restoration first, then NOT overwrite any file when you install Platter's. This is important because Platter's will replace one of Morte's dialog files, which will end up being incompatible with the other dialog files. Not sure if this will mess the game up, but it potentially could, so don't do it!)

(EDIT: Alternative NOT recommended, because by not replacing files when installing Platter's you will miss out on all the original files the Fixpack is meant to replace, including ones added by the official patch. Therefore, sticking to the install order above is best IMO)

I'm almost sure that both Packs are 100% compatible with both the Candlestick Quest and the Armor mod, since neither Pack touches any of the files added by the Quest or the Armor mod.

Assuming we're going for an all-mod fest:
    1. Install the game (obviously)
    2. Offical 1.1 patch
    3. Platter's Fixpack, overwrite all files
    4. Restoration Pack, overwrite all files
    5. Armor mod
    6. Candlestick Quest

(I'm guessing you could install the Candlestick Quest any time, but it's absolutely vital to install Restoration BEFORE the Armor mod. Restoration replaces DIALOG.TLK, and Armor is an IAP self extracting mod, so order is critical)

Note that this is pure speculation. I haven't tried this yet, and do not guarantee it'll work. I may do some in-game experiments with it next week, if I get some free time. But, considering each Pack is a set of unrelated components, there's no reason why intalling things as I've outlined above will not work.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

How does that "original" Morte's intro differ from the real one and how does that Mortuary alarm sound affect? :hmm:

17. Midnight Voyager Gems: 1/31

Oh, the new intro is alot more interactive. You actually have options for replies.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The Mortuary alarm is an "alarm bell" that sounds if you turn the Dusties hostile, for example by telling them you are lost.

19. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

20. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sorry for the delay in replying to this, but yes, install the G3 tweak pack last. :) I should probably let you know that some users have experienced crashes with the Max HP component installed--I am not sure as to why this is, but if you are affected then I'd suggest using Platter's tweak to do that instead.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.