1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird Problem with Hamrys, Coffin Maker of the Lower Ward

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Hank, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Hank Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi Everybody...

I've been surprised to discover that Hamrys, the coffin maker, in the Lower Ward, is supposed to give me a little quest.
    Surprised, because i try to talk to everybody and clear places before i read any walkthru, and nothing could let me know that...

I explain:
    In every Walkthru i read, it's said that:
    "...Hamrys asks your name, you can reply either Adahn or that you don't know.
    Ask about your Journal and Hamrys will start reading from his. Ask him about his father disappearing and you can recover a memory that is worth 500 experience..."

BUT I never had any of those options to ask, nor about my journal, nor about his father... :confused:
    I just can reply that i'm named Adhan, not even the option to say that i don't know, he replies some blabla and there i have only the 2 very usual options:
    "-I have other questions..." that leads me to questions about Sigil and stuff... i followed about all of them with nothing at the end...
    and:
    "-blahblah... farewell..." that obviously close the dialogue... :rolleyes:

I tried to speak to him BEFORE doing ANYTHING in the Lower Ward, and AFTER i've pretty cleared the place...

It's not really a big deal, it's only worth around 2500 XPs, but i'd like to understand why it seems that i'm the only one to not reach this quest...

So if anyone has a tip, maybe its about Charisma or Intelligence, I have respectively 13 and 15... (hehe... ;) ... yeah, i've made an average TNO... :p ), or any explanation, i'd be highly gratefull...

Thanx in advance for answers...
    Have fun chicks'n'guys... :cool:

2. Mercury Star Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Perhaps yeh arent bright eneugh, berk! *takes a closer look at Hank and notices his rippling muscles covered in scars* Ye'd... ye'd best be off, 'fore i calls me boys, cutter.

But seriously, perhaps you dont posess eneugh Wisdom to recall that memory. Wisdom is in fact required to remember.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Did to talk to Sere? I believe she is in the dustman's bar. She mentions Hamrys. You may not be able to ask him about your tomb if you have not talked with her.

There is an infinite experience bug you get out of the conversation with Hamrys.

4. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

If you've already solved the "Find your journal" quest you can't ask him about that, but you can still get to his quest by talking to Sere in the Dustman bar and getting her to mention Hamrys' father.

5. Hank Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

All right, Thanx a lot guys...

I already talked to Sere, but i can't remember if i made her talk about Hamrys... :confused:

Now that you're talking about it, i, actually, Have finished "my journal" quest, but i wasn't really aware of it ROFL...
    Indeed, that's why i can't ask him about my journal... stupid me!!! :rolleyes:

So I'll rattle my bone-box with that doubtfull Sere....

LOL Mercury Star
    "ye'd better watch your tongue a'fore i get angry... Pike off, berk!!" ;)
    Seriously, i don't think it's 'cos of my wisdom as it is my highest caracteristic... 18 actually, i think...

Thanx a mega bunch again for the answers...

Have fun evrybody... :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.