1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Game crashes at the end when I finishes seeing all the cut-scenes and...

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by DarthOne, Aug 22, 2005.

1. DarthOne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

...activating all the wear-machines/cannons, then instantly returns to my desktop, this is so frustrating can someone help me with this please ?

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Does this happen immediately after you have activated a machine and viewed a cutscene? Or is it when you enter a certain part of the main hall in the Fortress?

There is a number of Blacksphere traps in the floor, they tend to crash the game on some computer environments. You can generally avoid them by only sticking to the alcoves and the border of the floor.

If you can get to the extremes of the alcoves without any Shadows following you, at least you can save the game regularly to limit the damage.

3. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

YES ! After seeing the one with Fall-From-Grace generaly, then as I attempt to reach the arc where I'm suppose to go after activating all the war-machines(thres 3 of 'em if I'm not mistaken right?), the game crashes intantly returning me to my desktop instead of continuing to fonction properly.

And yes they were a LOT of Shadows after me(nearly a dozen or so), but the Blacksphere traps din't even bother at all.

[ August 27, 2005, 01:13: Message edited by: DarthOne ]

4. Montresor

Media:
    Damn...

Just for the record, there are four war machines; one in each alcove and one on the floor (with Dak'kon). Once you've activated them all, a portal should open to the Northern end.

Are you able to save the game before using the Fall-From-Grace machine? (I.e. are there any shadows nearby? since you can't save with hostile creatures around.)

5. Galus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My advice would be to start the whole Fortress of Regrets all over again. Load up a savegame just before you left the Mortuary, and try again.
    If you don't have an old Savegame, load the game's auto save - It *should* place you just outside that huge door that takes you to the inner sanctum (as it were).

Hopelly this will help.

6. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Crap, I used the official patch on my 2 CD version and now its even more messed-up, I have to un-install the whole game, and to re-install it, saving my files of course.

Do you know if thrs any patch for the 2cd version of the game ?

And four ? Strange I've only seen 3 so far...

And yes there's more then a dozen Master-Shadows running after me all this time..dunno if it can helps.

7. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I thought the 2cd version was already fully patched up ? could be wrong, never used the 2cd myself.

8. Montresor

Media:
    The 2CD version is already patched. Applying the official (version 1.1) patch corrupts the installation, but you can still apply Platter's fixpack. I'd recommend this.

The good news is you can uninstall and reinstall and still play your old savegames! :)

You can take on 1 or 2 shadows at a time by approaching them until they attack you. With that, and some healing charms, you should be able to hold your own in the Fortress. If a lot of shadows gang up on you, either run or (if you have the time) cast Cloudkill; this will dispose of all shadows within range.

There are four machines, each plays a death scene if you brought the right characters to the fortress:

To the east: Fall-From-Grace
    To the north: Nordom
    In the center: Dak'kon
    Western alcove and down the middle stair: Annah

(If you didn't bring the relevant characters, the machines still work but you don't get the cutscenes.)

Try and get to the edges of the map and clear out nearby shadows; this should allow you to save the game regularly.

9. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Its done, I re-installed it ! I think I'll be able to hold my ground pretty much with all these shadows, now I have a small boost in my CON (25!!!).

As for the War-Machines, never found the Nordom one...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.