1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Some questions.

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by DarthOne, Aug 19, 2005.

1. DarthOne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Greetings to all of you ! I'm so glad to see that a place like this one exists ! Maybe I'll finally be able to have some answers to my questions.

First : I'm nearly at the end of the game, and I've got a HUGE problem. I'm all alone in that acursed fortress of regrets, and it seem if I die too often by the hands of the greater shadows(Which should named Master Shadows If I remember correctly the list of monsters in the options of the game) I die permently and its game-over.

Now I'm asking you guys, you the pros, how the hell am I suppose to beat the hell out of all these things by myself its impossible ! Also I activated some kind of device but I almost got killed gy Shadows as I was teleported over there, so please I'm asking you HELP !

Thank god, though, I saved one last save apart from the one where I am right now, for such situations.

Next question would be now this when is BGII gonna be released using IceWind Dale 2 engine, I'm asking this, 'cause I simply saw someone mentioning this in another topic on this board.

If anyone know the answer to this question, I'd be most grateful.

2. Kurtz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

there are various machines in the hall you have to activate (if I'm remembering this right). I found it easiest to ignore the shadows and just run to each machine.

Welcome to the boards

3. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Thanks for the reply, but damn they are sure fast to catch you back, and the NO (NamelessOne) is sooo slow.

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    If you're playing a mage, casting Cloudkill kills all Shadows in the vicinity. It's a fifth level spell that you can get from Vrishika's shop. You can also Use one of the two pipes that you find in the Drowned Nations and the empty tomb.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You don't need to kill them. In fact, the game advices you to RUN from them the moment you meet Deionarra for the second time. NO isn't that slow, IMO, as long as you remember to run and not walk. ;)

As to your second question, about playing BG2 on IWD2's engine, I'm sad to say that the project was killed and buried long ago.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How you deal with the shadows depends on how you developed the Nameless One. As pointed out by others, adjust Nameless to be always running. You can easily take the shadows one or two at a time, but that depends on your build (a fighter build at 20+ levels should be able to take on two at a time) -- you need to take advantage of your surroundings to limit the number of shadows attacking you at a time.

The negative token given to you in the early stages of the game helps here -- as does Dionarra's Wedding Ring (especially if you had her upgrade it).

7. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

How exactly do you set your NLO to run (seem, I walked all the game long so far) ?

I'm a fighter lvl-17 btw, dunno if that can helps.

And yes I think I have one of the abyssal pipe that I managed tyo stole from the guy in the shop in the burried-village(I sold it to him in the earliest stages of the game, seeing no use to summon Cloudkill).

Btw, I suppose that at this stage of the game I can't go back to either Curst cities, Cecira, or any other places in order to boost my party lvls ?

8. Galus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hold down the "Shift" key on your Keyboard to run (i think). Either that, or you can open up the Game Options Menu and set it to "Always Run"

As far as i know you can no longer go back to places like Curst. Your best option would be to either crawl through the Rubikon Dungeons for a long while, or trudge through Under Sigil in the Clerk's Ward.

Remember that experience point earned is divided between all the people currently in your party. SO if you want to level up The Nameless One, remove everyone else from the team and go solo. This works exceptionally well if you have a high Wisdom; which will score you some extra XP

9. Montresor

Media:
    Press the "R" key to set the game to "Always Run".

You can gain levels by repeated visits to UnderSigil. It shouldn't pose too much of a challenge for a 17th level fighter.

Such a character shouldn't have too much trouble in the fortress either; just make sure to only attract one or two shadows at a time. If you advance carefully, you should be able to dispose of them piecemeal.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

I bet that cut the fun factor of the game quite a bit. "Didn't you ever start wondering where your masters went?" :shake:

11. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Montresor : Yes, but his regeneration is so slowwww, that aiN't making things easier. And yes I found the always run option, to think I had that in front of me all that time damn it....

And if you die more then five times in the Fortress, the game says somethin' like you have been incapacited, game-over. That sucks damn it !

Another thing, thrs suppose to be greater-Baatezus runnin' around Undersigil at this point of the game, and thrs none ! Only Larval Worms, and Trelons ! Any idea where I can get the latest patch to fix this ?

I got the 2 Cds version of the game, the one that comes with Soul-Bringer.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

how odd, i have the exact same package deal version you do but when I went into undersigil there was a greater baatezu

13. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

14. Montresor

Media:
    You'll probably need to bring a lot of healing charms into the Fortress. Remember, you can pause the game during combat, open your Inventory and use healing magic.

Also bring some to UnderSigil if you plan to fight Greater Glabreezu ... :)

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

...Yes. To think that you have no more party members to sacrifice. Really, you shouldn't die even once or else one of your buddies will kindly kick the bucket to resurrect you. Not sure if you can bring them back to life in the end, then.

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I always had my constitution pretty high by the time I got to the Fortress. That makes beating up the shadows much easier. As a level 16 fighter, TNO was able to take them on three at a time.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

my mage didn't stick around to fight any of them. i just kept running and running :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.