1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ps:T-I just beat the game and I have some questions

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Craigboy, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Craigboy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

1. What's your name?
    2. Why didn't I ever learn more about the lady of pain?
    3. Who was the blind archer?
    4. What is this symbol?

2. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

1. TNO can learn his name if you use the Bronze Sphere at the end (must have found out that the Good Incarnation is the original incarnation while in dialog with him in the Fortress), but the player never learns it. The designers never actually made a real name for him;
    http://crap.planescape-torment.org/threads/chris_dave_name.htm

2. She's supposed to be a Mystery. She's just a part of the Planescape setting. She wasn't created specifically for Torment.

3. Xachariah. You can talk to him in the Mortuary. He is one of the zombies. You need Stories-Bones-Tell and you need to learn his name.

4. Here's a description from the man who created it. Here are some more images.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

So what does Xachariah reveal then? For some reason I missed talking to him. :hmm:

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

spoiler:

He just gives you more background info on morte, dak'kon and deinorra. Actually it wasn't really background info, more of his impressions of them. Imo it was a pretty cool experience just being able to talk to him since you heard him mentioned by that old lady selling the ink and by Fell. He also gives you his heart which gives you +1dex. That's basically it afaik.

5. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Since the topic is the same I feel it is unnecessary to start a new thread for this so here we go:

I just finished the game for the second time, but still some things seem to elude me, maybe those things are meant to be a secret but this does not make me less curious anyway.Mostly my questions concern Morte, since he is my full-time party member and yet I know too little about him.

1. Does anybody know anything about Morte's non-skullish past (before ending up on the pillar of skulls in Baator I mean)? I know that he ended up there because he somehow betrayed TNO in the past, but what was his betrayal exactly and who was he before becomming Morte?
    2. I recently saw in an old thread that Morte's full name is actually Morte Rictusgrin, but I do not remember him mentioning that name anywhere (and I talk to my NPCs a lot), so how do we know it?
    3. In one of his dialogues with FFG Morte mentions that he is the skull of Vechna. Though I am pretty damn sure that he was pulling her leg once again, I cannot help asking - who the hell is this Vechna cutter anyway? I know barely a few things about him from the description of the robe of Vechna in BG2 (veeery cheesy)but is there something more about him?

Thanks in advance.

6. dagon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Think of Venca as being the " Lich of all Liches " in the DnD world. He's a bad mofo , or was rather , before he was slain by his own right hand man after a long battle. Pieces of Venca have been scattered throughout the plane-scape. It is said that Venca was once a mighty mage , and when he was on his deathbed that death refused to take him so he lived on in an undead state - not too different from morte or TNO i'd imagine.

7. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The Head of Vecna is a PnP gaming joke.

<looks for story>

http://www.blindpanic.com/humor/vecna.htm

To be brief, there are two, fairly-well known artifacts in D&D... the Hand and Eye of Vecna. If you find these objects, remove your own hand or eye, and put them in their place, you gain a fraction of Vecna's great power (Vecna is actually a God, in addition to being undead, a former mortal, and a wizard of great power). Now, if you get some of Vecna's power by cutting off your hand and putting His hand in its place, and can do the same with the eye... what would you have to do if you had the HEAD of Vecna?

8. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

:lol: :lol: :lol: ROTFL
    I have never heard of this story before. A very clever way to make someone a victim of his own greed. Thanks.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.