1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Number of attacks...

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Ulicus, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Ulicus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Right, nostaliga forced me to start playing this again- I've been building TNO up in the Hive (via munchkin taunting then beatings on Abashai) and I've got him to being a level 24 fighter (nine thief levels too).

His THACO is 1 and his number of attacks are 1. I'm pretty sure that he had more attacks when he was at a lower level... at least it seemed like he did.

So, is that correct? Or have a hit a bug? Because for someone who's so supremely powerful in other ways, he's not getting a lot of shots in...

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You've got the patch installed?

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yeah, my TNO has 2 attacks at lvl 9 as a fighter and mastery in edged weapons... it must be the patch.

4. Ulicus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah, it was the lack-of-patch to blame.

How embarrassing. *blushes*

I'd only recently installed it again... forgotten about the patch.

*tsch* Silly me.

Though, having since gotten him to level 38, I've realised that being a munchkin is well boring.

So it's back to level 3 fighter, with 13 in everything but Charisma... *sigh* What a waste of time that was. Heh.

5. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That bug hits when you level up to level 20 fighter. your number of attacks get reset to 1. I didn't know that the patch fixed this, oh well good thing i did install it last time then.

Save that one bug Fighter is way overpowered in the game. My last atempt was to complete the game with a rouge/thief only character... i dont think i succeded, but i am determined to try again sometime. (thief is horiblly weak in this game compared to the other alternatives)

6. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Actually, a thief is rather powerful if you do a lot of backstabbing and running.

7. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yes it will only take you 10x times longer to fight a battle than it would take you with either mage or fighter.

I do not disagree that thief can be powerfull, but hes not good compared to the two other alternatives. If you build up alot of fighter levels (19) and then go thief, you wil have an efficient thief (especially if you used fighter weapn proficincies to pick either dagger or punching daggers) and Strenght and Constitution is more parctical for thief than Dexterity in the game. So basically a fighter with a good backstabb to start the fight is good.

But try to start as teh usual level 3 fighter, and multiclass to thief as soon as you can, and continue as thief. Its not easy.

8. Irenicus_Jon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yea, the thief class focuses on 1on1 combat too much, and if you try to solo the game with that... I guess it could be possible, but you would probably have to stack up HUGELY on AC (get -10 as early as you can). You would probably still need to enter all combats with lots of healing, since a roll of 20 is automatic hit (and critical as well). Its so funny how with a good melee character you can solo the greater glabrezu on curst without a sweat (even kill it without a scratch sometimes) and have near-death battles with the curst guards in prison if you let em swarm.

Ofcourse, with the inventory healing bug, ANY combat is doable, it's just a matter of cost :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.