1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favorite Planescape Torment moment

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Morgoroth, Jan 31, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    When I first fired up PS:T on my comp (this was somewhat 4 years ago) and said, "Screw it! This game looks like crap :sick: ". Now years later I find myself playing PS:T marathons; going strong for 10+ hours at a time :shake: . It took me 2-3 years before I finally got my act together and actually PLAYED the game :rolling: .

2. Prosiaq Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My favourite moments:
    - all dialogues with Morte and Annah,
    - dialogue with Ravel,
    - Dak`kon`s story about his past,
    - final dialogue with Transcendet One (and dialogue with our company after that)

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Just noticed this thread for the first time...

Too many favorite moments, but I'll try to be selective:
    - Meeting Deionarra for the first time in the Mortuary
    - Pharod killed by the Shadows
    - Using the sensory stone that shows what happened to Deionarra
    - TNO's tomb in the Drowned Nations. One of the most brilliant puzzles in a CRPG
    - Hargrimm telling you how the shadows have retreated to a fortress in the Negative Plane. This so much foreshadows the end game.
    - Ravel
    - The Pillar of Skulls chanting "The skull, the skull" if you have Morte with you. This bit gives me chills just remembering it
    - Mostly everything in the Fortress of Regrets: the room with the clocks and True Shadows, TTO killing your companions one by one ("Ah, the fiery tiefling!"), learning who the good incarnation really is, and finally using the Bronze Sphere. The best moment in the game though would be getting on the Fortress roof, with TTO's theme playing.

4. lwelyk Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

These were the moments I loved:

"Yeh were in love with the berk!"
    I loved that whole Ravel dialogue.

Seing all of your companions killed by the Transcendant One, was rather sad.

Learning the Arts with Mebbeth.

For some reason I loved Lady Roberta calmly talking about murdering her husband.

Getting all the Curst citizens to help get out of Carceri.

5. Boeing Gems: 1/31

The best moment in the game has to be getting to know yor true name... it's so emotional.

"... and it's such a *small* thing..."

It gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

6. Ponytail Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I was very impressed by many situations, ideas and stories in the game, but when Annah first joined my group and came closer while flirting - I fell in love!
    Well, at least it got a little dizzy and stopped breathing before choosing the next answer (hoping to be wise enough...) ;)

7. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Probably the whole bit with the Mordon cube toy thing... That had me in stitches :D

8. IdaGno Gems: 1/31

- first time meeting Annah - she provoked TNO, so he killed her - eventually, she became my his fav travelling companion - that voice is to die for! - "Yech! This palce smells like oil!"

- using the sensate stone that revealed the Deionarra history - man, that hit like a ton of bricks - until then, I'd just been playing a video game - that moment made TNO & the whole story come alive

9. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

The most touching moment for me came when it was revealed how Morte and the NO met.
    I nearly cried when reading the flashback describing how the NO was hitting the little helpless skull who didn't have the knowledge from the skull pillar any more.

10. Tiana Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have to agree with the Deionarra moments, the moment Morte heals, and the farewell with Fall-From-Grace.

As for small touches I really liked, the sensory stone with the name scratched off and the painting in the museum that gives a flashback to (I think) the events of Morte's story to Yves... they all made that such a great game.

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

So many moments in this game blew me away.

The one that sticks with me is when I was able to resurrect all of my companions and have that really emotional farewell with each of them.

There are many other moments, this is still an amazing game and in terms of story, in terms of twists, in terms of memories it is unmatched.

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Quite a few for me as well.
    -All the verbal sparring in the game. I *love* that stuff!
    -Damn, that cube hero thing was funny as hell. Took a couple screenshots of the dialogue that I'll submit when next I can. :D
    -Deionarra's sensory stone was great the first time, but playing through a second time as an evil pr*ck, I'm a little disappointed. He wouldn't react that way, so it feels a bit artificial. :bad:
    -Finding Nordom in the Modron Maze the second time. The feeling of "it's about f***ing time!" after exploring almost the whole thing was pretty strong. The things we do to find NPCs... :shake:
    -The "argh!" feeling when learning that Trias had the answer all along. I really wanted to kill that SoB for sending me through the wringer like that, not to mention Fhjull for not mentioning it in the first place and sending me to the Pillar instead. :mad:
    But I ended up leaving Fhjull to suffer as he was (after taking all his stuff, including stuff I didn't even want :p ), and by the time I'd gotten to Trias I was cooled down enough that I redeemed him. This time, though, he dies... :evil:

13. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

@Felinoid:

Since you are playing the second time as an evil bastard, I won't spoil anything.

But I just thought I would mention there is a way to kill Trias after you redeem him... ;)

[ March 07, 2007, 23:18: Message edited by: Ironhawk Skylord ]

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Aye, that's already been spoiled for me. But this char doesn't like Lawful NPCs. Dak'kon's already been sold into slavery, FFG is going into the Pillar, and Vhailor...well, I'll probably just kill him or something.

15. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's an easy way to make sure that you never miss anything in the modron maze (or any maze, for that matter). Always turn right. In other words, hug the right wall and you'll never miss anything. Frankly, I don't have a favorite moment. What makes PST so great, in my opinion, is not any specific moment, but the story and relationships as a whole.

16. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

I agree Drew.

That story and the relationships really plays on the whole emotional spectrum. Very well done.

[ March 08, 2007, 11:06: Message edited by: Ironhawk Skylord ]

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Just keep Vhailor nearby when you're speaking to the Pillar, and ask the Pillar who you are. ;)

Playing an evil Nameless One is fun! :evil:

18. Yaballa Gems: 1/31

Finding out your name from the Bronze Sphere and not revealing it to the player at the same time. I made me go -- what's this? i don't get to know it?! what the .... were they thinking?

19. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    The sequence when you realise in horror (for both the Nameless One and myself), what the things you have done to Deionarra via the sensory stone. Got me all teary. Truly heartbreaking!

20. Sandmann Gems: 1/31

Striking down Trias for his betrayal... But picking his sword from his pocket for the same reason, that's a great moment too.
    And 1-1 points to the Cube Hero and to the flirt with Annah:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.