1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How long does this game usually take to complete?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Klorox, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

In real life time? Just curious (starting a trend?).

TIA

2. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Depends on alot of things. Everything from former experience to common sense and so on.
    My best run took me just alittle more than an hour. Me and a friend had a competition who could complete BG1 and Fallout1 fastest. When I was done with both, he was in the Nashkel Mines. Took totally around 3 hours btw :)

A "normal" game time for me is maybe 10 hours.
    But say you want to do most of the stuff and haven´t played alot I´d guess it may take you up to 50 hours or so. Maybe...

3. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

My first time took about two months (and I played 1-2 hours in a day), because I explored everything and did all possible quests.

If you don't care so much about wilderness areas, it will be much faster to play the game through.

4. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Anything up to 150+ hours, depending on how much you do, how many areas you explore and whether you have TotSC installed. The only other games I remember taking up a similar amount of my life were the original series of X-Com games.

I'd be interested to learn how Duke Eltan managed to get through the entire game in around an hour. It takes me more than an hour to get out of Candlekeep!

5. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

@ Chris:
    You cant do everything in the game that fast. Nothing more than sticking to the mainplot. I mean, why wast all that time doing small errands in Candlekeep for 225 Exp when you can go out and start earning better Exp faster.

I´ve written down the things that needs to be done here somewhere in another topic, dont remember which one though. But there is only 7 different places you need to do things at to complete the game...

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

It usually takes me about 5 hours to complete the whole game. I don't usually do all the little usless quests.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You guys doing the game in a few hours, do you start off with a brand new level 1 character?

8. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Yep, fresh out the factory.
    It´s all about cheezey tactics brother :D
    And choosing your battles ofcourse.

9. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I always start with a level 1 character, but I almost always only do the game critical quests.

10. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like discovering everything. I dont like the map, with black spots! :p

I do all kind of quests, and the Durlag's Tower is my favorit one. I like browsing on the streets of Baldur's Gate, and talking to people. Every time when i played, i found new features, new errands to run.

I realy play. This takes about 60 hours...or 70.

11. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

It's surprising how fast you can go in the major quest. The benefit is you open the doors of Baldur's Gate quickly, and then you may begin to pick your quests carefully.

12. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

All the way through the game in one hour? Methinks someone's telling porkies!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.