1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Reinstalled Torment... still need help with Morte

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by saphire, Dec 4, 2004.

1. saphire Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] hey everyone
    well this is the second ime that i post this question...
    but i saw in my other thread that people said that maybe some of my stats
    werent high enough to get morte back..now up to that point i get ALL skulls
    that i find and when i went to talk to lothor he didnt give me the option
    to get morte back.i even went back to the catacombs and went to kill that
    rat thing and ask with his skull and nothing...so if anyone has any idea's
    please let me know...another problem that i had was when i went into the
    drowned nations and into that crept that i go alone in...i get to the last
    room and cant open the tomb even after i press all the buttons!

[ December 04, 2004, 15:06: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    ok, when you talk to lothar, dont give him a skull straight away. Even though you have them on you, let him give you the quest to retieve one first. I always do it that way, because in the past I'm wary of breaking quests by finishing them too early. After he gives you the quest, giving him Mantuok's skull is generally the safest bet, though any should suffice.

As for the tomb, there are 8 pannels. It is very easy to miss one out, so make sure you have pressed all 8.

3. saphire Gems: 1/31

even if i wanted to give him a skull i never have the option!!!i always go to talk with him and i still get the same thing...what im starting to think is what other people posted..that my stats arent high enough...but i have no idea,i also had someone give me a link for updates but i formated but do you think thats important?

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    updates arent so important. If your stats arent high enough, then it will be your intelligence and wisdom stats. Intelligence being the most likely.

This is easily got around. In the lower ward market, or perhaps you will have to go back to the hive market. Whichever one you go to, you need cranium rat charms. Use these to boost your intelligence. I'm not too sure on how to boost wisdom in this fashion. Perhaps go see Fell, and buy wisdom tattoos.

5. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

This is the tomb you need to go through before Lothar will accept a skull from you. Keep talking about stats if you really want to, but you have the real answer.

As for getting through the tomb, there is no bug that causes the coffin to be unopenable if you've pressed all the panels. If it won't open that means you missed one of the eight panels, without a doubt.

6. saphire Gems: 1/31

ha ok thanks,
    but i really dont think that ivve missed any panels,i would spend most of the day trying to get it open..anyway ill try it again im about to start a new game so when i get there ill post it in this thread

7. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

No. You must have just got a panel that you missed the other times.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.