1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Getting Morte Back

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by saphire, Nov 13, 2004.

1. saphire Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] ok i tryed talking to lorther(i think thats his name)with the skull of the silent king,the guy who gets zaped by lighting,and the other deader who greets you and tells you to stay in the dead nations,(wow im bad with names)and i still cant get morte back!!can anyone help?

2. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Okay, so you've got Soego the dustman, The Silent King and Hargrimm. Hmmm ... well, in my game I always give him Soego. Do you have the latest patch and fixpack installed? I seem to remember there being a bug to do with Lothar.

3. saphire Gems: 1/31

no i dont have any patch installed,but im going to try and get it..

4. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

I reckon that's the problem :) There are loads of places you can get it, and theres also a non-official fixpack that you can apply afterwards which fixes even more problems. There should be links at least to the official patch here on SP, in the Games section under Planescape: Torment.

5. saphire Gems: 1/31

i installed the patch and still get the same thing:(

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Offer Lothar the skull of Mantuok (who can be found in Lothar's basement).

7. saphire Gems: 1/31

i already have mantouk,soego,silent king and hargrimm,i even tryed to delete all games and reinstall with the patches and i still dont have any options to give him anything

8. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Hmmm, dont really know what to say then. Have you spoken to Morte on the shelf? Sometimes its little random things like that that cause problems.

9. saphire Gems: 1/31

as soon as i walk in i talk to morte kinda like a cut scene..

10. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Try clicking on the shelf where morte is and talking to him again once you're in the room. Im scraping the barrel here, but I have a feeling its something silly like that which opens up the dialogue option with lothar.

11. saphire Gems: 1/31

ive tryed it ...i even spoke to all the skulls on the shelfs and nothing.... :( its driving me insane

12. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Maybe your stats are too low? In many dialogs, not all options are available if you don't have sufficient INT, WIS or CHA.

13. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

He probably just didn't go to the tomb, which is what Lothar asks you to do.

14. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Ahhhh of course, thats it! I knew it was something dumb like that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.