1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ahh, Storytelling

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Nanook, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Nanook Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is just a quick post to say how glad I am to have found PST! Halfway through now.

After finishing the BG series twice, I was looking for another quality game. PST is different, of course, but the characters are terrific and the story is central to the play. Yay!

[ February 25, 2004, 14:05: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

If by "different" you mean "fantastically, infinitely better than any other Infinity Engine game ever put on the market", then you are correct, my good sir or madam.

3. Rubel Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It's certainly one of favorites. I'm playing BG2 and NWN right now...so I guess I *do* play other RPGs :)

Anyone here play on that Planescape NWN server?

4. Nanook Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just finished my first time through! Excellent game -- terrific characters, interesting puzzles, cool story.

Glad I found it. Dunno why it isn't more popular.

5. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

maybe i should give it a try, payday is coming up so ill have a few spare bucks and i finished bg1, bg2, iwd1, and iwd2 so many times its getting pathetic, funny that i have all this spare time yet no spare time at all, anyways it was either going to be planescape or the temple of elemental evil game, and this sounds about 1000000X better to me.

6. SaChaele Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'd guess that Planescape is definitely better but I haven't played the Temple. Most people who don't like PST are complaining about the graphics or the resolution but IMO the storyline is what matters in RPGs and in this aspect PST is unbeatable.

7. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@cadderly: don't think twice, play PST!! Best CRPG ever...

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Yeah this game rules I'm Now playing it for the thirth time, and discovered a whole new area The Great Foundry, ofcourse I've been there before but I never did the Godsman quest or found out about the dreammachine and the cool different caracters walking around there..

It was a real cool experience :) .

9. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ill take your advice, payday is on friday :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.