1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Want to make a PS:T sequel!

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Solar, May 19, 2003.

1. Solar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Just an idea: I thought you guys might just be wanting to work with me to make a sequel... Anyone interested??

[ May 20, 2003, 21:19: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sounds cool. How're you planning to do it, modding an existing game or what? I'm afraid I probably won't be much help, but [shameless plug]we did do a fanfic. Maybe you could work some aspects of that into the plot?[/shameless plug]

3. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

a sequel would be nice and long overdue, however, like Ironbeard asked, how?

BTW.....any relation to SolarPower?

4. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

5. archinos Gems: 1/31

Check out http://www.geocities.com/magoo_3_16/

They have apparently been working on a Planescape mod for the Infinity Engine for some time. I haven't seen any updates on thier site in a while, but I think they are still working on it.

6. Solar Gems: 1/31

Actually, we plan to use a new engine, much alike the infinity, but a lot friendlier for mods - so the planes can be infinte at last :)

7. vesselle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] ~~solar~~

does that mean you are involved in making a mod for the game? if so, do you have a site with any info about it? i'm definitely watching the nwn mod, hoping that it will be done in the same spirit of the original game. i know i'm not the only fan who has replayed PST a number of times, in lieu of a sequel. there's no denying that a well-made, thoughtful mod would be very welcome. :rolling:

V***V

8. Korsel Gems: 1/31

Hmm. I don't know how a sequel to Torment would work out.
    I mean, the game is really...conclusive. No matter which ending one gets, there's an 'answer' of sorts: Fight in the Blood War, die, or do that other thing that I can't remember. Personally, I don't think that a game about fighting in the Blood War would be that interesting (but hey, they might pull it off)...and playing a dead-and-not-undead character isn't (usually) that much fun. I think that what might be a better idea would be to make a standalone game based in the same Planescape universe (that is to say, have some of the same characters (Annah, Morte, That Deva Whose Name I Can't Remember, POSSIBLY a cameo for The Nameless One and so on) and plot devices) but with a whole new main character--possibly even one who we can (*gasp*) customize a lot (a la Baldur's Gate).
    Or, alternatively, an expansion pack could be done, adding in new areas, quests, spells, classes and maybe party members that/who are all encountered before the whole final battle bit.
    That was more thought than I've had for a while. I'm gonna go take a nap.

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Korsel, The Planescape universe (and ruleset, though it has been abandoned from official updates IIRC) extends a lot further than Torment. Annah, Morte, The Nameless One are not in the Planescape universe, they are only in the game. I won't comment on Trias as he may be in there (the rules and background books are hard to find and I don't know anyone who has them).

Also your BG idea has come up several times before in Torment sequel threads. A search for 'sequel' ought to reveal them.

10. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sounds like a good idea, for everyone else. But, I know nothing about this kind of stuff.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey! I finally got this to work on my pc!!! It is a very interesting game!!!

No classes? Wild stuff!

12. Kindo Gems: 1/31

Like it has been said, the story can't really continue well. It just doesn't work out. But another game in the same setting, planes and stuff, would be cool. But continuing the story simply doesn't cut it. It would be cool though to hear stories go about this crazy guy that couldn't die and stuff. heh

13. BrianIntrepid Gems: 1/31

I wouldn't really care for a sequel, but I definitely want another game comparable in greatness.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.