1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What faction would you be?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by X, Jan 15, 2003.

1. X Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] What faction would you be if you could choose one? Of all the joinable and non-joinable ones in the game which would you choose?

Lucian

P.S. I forgot to thank wholeheartedly the guide on factions. I am not quite sure who that is but you can find his work in the guides section of SP. I used alot of his work in the poll because I wanted to best describe the factions.. I knew all of them but did not know how to but them in words (that would end up SEMI short hehe) anyway thanks much.

[ January 15, 2003, 20:11: Message edited by: Lucian ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What faction would you be? (24 votes.)

What faction would you be? (Choose 1)
    * The Athar/ Defiers (According to these folks, the great and feared powers are liars! Those who claim to be the "gods" of the planes are mortals just like us. Yeah, they're unbelievably powerful, but they're not gods. After all, they can die, they've got to keep their followers happy, and they often feud among themselves like children. Thor, Zeus, and the others - they're impostors.) - 13% (3)
    * The Bleek Cabal/ Madmen (Here's the Bleaker credo: "The multiverse doesn't make sense, and it ain't supposed to." That's all there is to it, pure and simple. It ain't "The mutiverse is without meaning," because that answer's a meaning in itself. ) - 0% (0)
    * The Godsmen (To these characters, all things are godly. All things can ascend to greater glory - if not in this life, then in the next. Patience, that's all it takes. See, here's the chant: Everything - primes, planars, petitioners, proxies, the whole lot - is being tested. Survive, succeed, and ascend - that's the goal of all beings. Fail and get reincarnated to try again. It's pretty simple and straightforward.) - 8% (2)
    * The Doomguard/ Sinkers (They believe the fate of the universe is chaos, entropy, and degradation. They do not like those who try and fix it all because "They're fighting the natural goal of the universe" - 0% (0)
    * The Dustmen/ The Dead ("All these worlds and all these universes are just shadows of another existence." This multiverse - this is where beings wind up after they die. They spending their lives searching for true death) - 0% (0)
    * The Fated/ Takers (This faction says the universe belongs to those who can hold it. Each sod makes his own fate, and there's no one else to blame for it. Those who whine about their luck are just weaklings; if they were meant to succeed, they could have. Here's the way the multiverse works, according to the Takers: Everybody's got the potential to be great, but that don't mean it's going to happen. Those that work hard get what they deserve.) - 13% (3)
    * Fraternity of Order/Guvners (These folks are sure that everything's got laws. Mankind's got laws. Sigil's got laws. Even the Lower Planes got their laws. Now, once a body's got the laws down, he does pretty well, right? He knows how to use them to his advantage, and how to break them without getting caught.) - 0% (0)
    * The Free League/ Indeps (The Free League's kind of an informal group of like-thinkers. They share news, pass around jobs, and watch each other's backs. This ain't no faction and nobody tells them what to do. The idea that any berk knows the truth and everybody else's wrong ) - 17% (4)
    * The Harmonium The Harmonium believes that the ultimate goal of the multiverse is universal harmony. "The Harmonium is always right." ) - 0% (0)
    * The Mercykillers (As far as this faction's concerned, justice is everything. Justice purges the evil in folks and makes them better, fit to belong in the multiverse. Once everybody's been cleansed, then the multiverse reaches perfection, and perfection's the goal of the multiverse. ) - 4% (1)
    * The Anarchists ("These universes, these powers, they're all corrupt!" screams this faction. "They're guiding people in the wrong directions, keeping them as slaves and prisoners to the powerful. Well, the Anarchists say it's time for that to change. It's time to break free of the chains and seek the real truth.) - 21% (5)
    * The Sign of One Every person, every individual, is unique. This is the greatest glory of the universe - that each creature living (and dead) is different from all others. It's obvious, then, that the multiverse centers around the self, or so this faction would have everyone believe. "It's quite simple, addle-cove," one of these sods would say. "The world exists because the mind imagines it. Without the self, the multiverse ceases to be." Therefore, each Signer is the most important person in the multiverse. Without at least one Signer to imagine it all, the rest of the factions would cease to exist. - 4% (1)
    * The Sensates (According to these folks, the multiverse is known by the senses - the only proofs of existence. Without experience, without sensation, a thing isn't. If a sod can't taste the soup, then it ain't soup. The only way to know anything for sure is to use the senses. ) - 17% (4)
    * The Transcendent Order (These guys say that for a body to become one with the multiverse, he's got to stop thinking and act. Action without thought is the purest form of thought. When a cutter can know what to do without even thinking about it, then he's become one with the multiverse.) - 0% (0)
    * The Xaositects/ Chaosmen (As these sods see it, the multiverse wasn't born from Chaos - the multiverse is Chaos. There's no order, no pattern to anything. That's the meaning of the multiverse, the great secret everyone else is just too dull-witted and cowardly to admit! Look around. Is there any pattern to this existence? Any order that gives it all meaning? None, not a one. want to play within the unshapeable Chaos, and to be a part of its uncontrollable energies.) - 4% (1)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I put that guide together. I'm glad you like it.

3. X Gems: 3/31

I really hope you do not mind me using it but ya know it was really good and it helped me purpose hehe :)

one small thing though about dusties... you forgot to mention their search for true death :) but anyway i likes it alot..

[ January 16, 2003, 21:57: Message edited by: X ]

4. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I choose the free thinkers.

5. X Gems: 3/31

I myself put Godsmen... simply because I think everyone has the chance to become great... greater than me... greater than all... :)

[ January 16, 2003, 21:57: Message edited by: X ]

6. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

The Xaositects!

Yeah, sure. I'm not going to start talking weird like sense talking because makes no that.

Ît's bÈr|< Xa0s!

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm a Taker.

What's mine is mine. What's yours is mine.

Except for Tal's custom avatars. Curse it, I need a credit card.

[ January 18, 2003, 04:39: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

8. X Gems: 3/31

Come on more people need to vooooote so i can take over your mindssss... um wait no what I MEANT to say is umm... well... take over mind? no that is not right um... Hey guys who saw last night's episode of... friends? :doh:

(The above was a cleverly executed joke on the forum viewer with light hearts... If I really were an evil space alien, or a CIA officer, or a children's show host control over your minds would have already been relinquished from you... have a nice day :) )

[ January 18, 2003, 11:58: Message edited by: X ]

9. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Sensates :cool:

10. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

To me each one of them represents a small part of a healthy personality. To fully adopt the views of one particular faction would be an unhealthy extreme.

11. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I had to go with Anarchists. After all, it's time for a revoloution ;) .

12. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The only one close enough to my idea of a good society are the mercykillers. The world will never know peace untill justice is equal for everyone. Everyone deserves a chance to reach their goals, but when you break the laws set to keep order in the world you are deliberatly ignoring the fact that you will be punnished for it. Clear laws and harsh punnishments, the only way the world can prosper.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.