1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

First upgrade of Nordom - how exactly?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by TheBlackRose, Dec 31, 2002.

1. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"If your intelligence is greater than 15 ask him how he ended up in
    Rubikon. Explain to him that his separation from the source has caused his change in perspective for 36.000 XP, +1 INT, +1 CON for Nordom, and full healing for Nordom as well."

Could someone outline the exact dialogue steps needed to obtain this upgrade? I can't seem to do it (and I have over 15 INT). Just wondering if maybe it was a bug.

2. Pix Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

are you sure you need an INT of 15? i remember the first time i played as a fighter, my INT was something like 12 and i got the upgrade for nordom.

can't remember the exact dialogue path, but it should be really obvious given the other choices.

3. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Using WeiDU, I figured it out.

If you have Morte and Fall-From-Grace in your party, you will not be able to gain Nordom's "first upgrade" - their interjection will keep you from gaining important information!!

I teleported back to Clerk's Ward, removed Morte, and was able to get the upgrade.

[ January 01, 2003, 17:03: Message edited by: TheBlackRose ]

4. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

Yea, actually his interjection will only prevent it if you have both Morte and Grace in your party.

5. Sniktch Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Also, you don't need to boot them, in Nordom's room, you can simply send one or both of them to the left corner of the room, and talk to him in the right corner. Tried it, it works.

6. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Platter's right. I'll update my main post.

Platter, could you fix this somehow?

Sniktch, that didn't work for me.. Morte chimed in anyway.

7. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

The fix for it has been in my fix pack for a long time (here's to hoping you don't already have it installed then, lol).
    But my fix pack is not available right now.

[ January 01, 2003, 18:29: Message edited by: Platter ]

8. X Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hehe to platter ~shrug~

[ January 16, 2003, 22:00: Message edited by: X ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.