1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finished it :)

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Jesper898, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I finished it. (in only 2 days though :( )
    Damn this game is great ! :)
    Here is what i did at the fortress:
    Got paranoid and good incarnation to merge with me and killed the practical one, tricked transcendent one away so i could resurrect my party members (Annah, Grace, Vhailor, Morte and Dak'kon)
    änd finally i killed transcendent one.

Why did i get sent off to fight in the Blood War?
    I wanted to get a little house in Sigil and live there with Annah :(

Well at least i got a lot of Demons and Devils to kill now :)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This must be a new record... Did you do any side-quests at all? There's no humanly possible way you could do the side-quests too and finish it in two days. It'd be hard even with a walkthrough...

[ November 28, 2002, 20:35: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Well i skipped a couple of side quests (quite a bit in the clerks ward and a few in the hive)
    But i have been playing it since i got home from school untill about 11-12 pm for 2 days :)

4. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

Just to let you know, you did not get the best ending... in fact, considering you probably spent about 15 hours (?) playing, I'm surprised you even enjoyed it at all, since all the most amusing things take more time than that...
    How many in-game days did you beat it in?

[ November 29, 2002, 04:27: Message edited by: Platter ]

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I dont know how many days i spent to beat but i was level 11 fighter when i beat it.
    Is there a better ending?
    by the way i finished as neutral good.

Didnt have enough wisdom to force practical incarnation to merge with me :(

[ November 29, 2002, 13:15: Message edited by: jesper898 ]

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You missed only "a couple of side quests"?
    You're joking.

Replay the game!

7. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Of course i intend to replay it :)

8. Akujin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hmm, methinks I need to locate my copy and give it another whirl, it only took me 1 weekend (20 odd hours?) to complete it :/

9. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    the game doesnt take very long to complete once u know what ur doing,
    when i completed the game i made my character with high wisdom and intelligence and i was a high level mage - certainly the best way to play the game;

in the fortress i got the good and paraniod incarnations to merge with me and then forced the practical 1 to merge with me as well, then when i got to the trancendent one i convinced him that we couldnt exist without the other, and so eventhough he didnt like it, he merged with me without a fight, and then you return to your full power, you even speak like the trancendent one, you resurect your fallen comrads and send them back to the hive explaining what had happened to them, annah tells you that she loves you and doesnt want you to go, grace tells you that she will miss your company, dakkon tells you that you are more balanced then he is, morte says that its been fun and then you die and go off to fight in the blood war, of course... id pity the demons once youve returned to your full power

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Thanks Shoshino :)
    But WHY do the nameless one have to fight in the Blood War?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    To repent for the sins of all of his incarnations. Although when you think about it, one immortal more or less won't really make any difference in the Blood War...

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I completed PS:T and I think I've done all of it, AFAIK and I did a lot of split saving too. I just want to find a way to edit it now... :evil:

[EDIT] On the contrary, Tal, One can make all the difference. [/EDIT]

[ November 29, 2002, 21:35: Message edited by: 8people ]

13. Herf Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Tal, one more immortal can't make a difference?

Well, that's the thing, the Namless One is no longer immortal. He fused with his mortality and now he's... Well... Mortal. Now he can die, which is what he's wanted to do for so long.

Yes, I think the Namless One will cause some uproar in the Blood War, well, the way I always finished the game with him he was a supreme character, capable of devastating the entire realm :D

14. Taluntain

Media:
    Actually, the point was he's no longer immortal, and humans are the least fearsome things fighting in the Blood War. So the point is, he wouldn't last long in it...

15. Shoshino

Media:
    he's no human, he's transcended, thats the point, he's more then a human, he's a demi god and if you watch the cinematic, he doesnt actually die, he banishes himself to fight in the great war, to account for the sins of his past lives

16. Platter

^ The very last thing TNO says to TTO is something like "Very well, I am ready to become mortal agian." Merging with him does make him mortal.
    As for him not actually dying, I have to agree that the game never really says he dies. Most people just assume that he does. But it's not actually said, and what we see doesn't look much like a death. But I have to disagree with you saying he banished himself. Forces beyond his control were coming for him, now that he was whole and could be identified and found. It was not his doing. He talks about it to his companions at the end as if something is coming for him, to take him away.

17. Shoshino

Media:
    i think 1 thing youve failed to understand from the game is that, there is not force beyond his control;
    go have a indepth discussion about entropy with the irong golem, and you may understand that from the game, the transcendent one is the key to the end of the blood war

18. Taluntain

Media:
  19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Is I understand it... TNOs' fate was to serve in the Blood war to pay for the sins of his previous incarnations.

Now I thought it could be one of three things:

1) He could be kept alive fighting until he'd served his time then he would die properly.

2) If you die in the Blood War you come back as a Baatezu in it's lowest form - a lemure.

3) He goes into the fray and gets hacked to pieces after surviving a few minutes/hours/however long

20. Platter

I have read everything that Coaxmetal has to say; many, many times over the past two years.
    You don't seem to understand that Planescape is a setting that existed years before Torment was made. The Blood War can never be ended, especially not by one being. Even the Powers/Gods get killed/disappear when they try to mess with the Blood War.
    If it ended it would be bad for the multiverse as it would give Evil a lot of free time. They might even all join forces.

There are always things like Coaxmetal trying to destroy everything, he is just a force of Chaos/Entropy, like Vhailor is a force of Law/Justice.

If you thought the point of the ending was that he became unstoppable and was going to end the Blood War you completely missed the whole point of the game.

[ December 01, 2002, 17:47: Message edited by: Platter ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.