1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The sword in Planescape: Torment

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Ark, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

how the hell do you get that so called copy of the celestial fury from that deva and how do you become lawful good?I've tried doing every good stuff and still no results.I got only as far as neutral good.

[ October 04, 2002, 15:53: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

For lawful alignment you must behave like this:
    1. Don't talk to undead unless you have an ability to do so
    2. No humor, sarcasm or irony allowed
    3. Don't lie and don't break any promise
    4. Respect anyone you talk to

The Celestial Fire (and not Fury, the Cel. Fury was Bioeare's plagiarizing of PST) you keep if you kill Trias (the deva). However I must vote against it, since the equally powerful weapon you get from Siege Tower when you return from Curst as a trade for Planar Cube (Planar Cube, yes, not Planar Sphere which was again Bioware's you know what).

3. Ark Gems: 4/31

how do you look like when you equip the celestial fire?does the sword appear like a sword or like a dagger?

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

It appears as a dagger. But just as Entropic Blade I'm mentioning up there, Celestial Fire has an ability to reshape into any type of weapon except missile weapons. Keep that in mind, so if you're mostly proficient in hammers, you'll just turn it into hammer. There is no visible effect on this however.

5. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

It will appear as whatever weapon type it currently is (when it's equipped, I mean).

[ September 12, 2002, 23:35: Message edited by: Platter ]

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Awww, I ment some sort of BAM animation or something when doing it. Well, bad wording I guess... :(

7. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

???? I think celestial fire is better with the fire damage.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I don't think that Extremist said which is actually better (because truthfully, neither one is), he simply stated his reasoning for not using it.

Killing Trias makes your alignment shift a lot toward evil, and oftentimes will pull you right out of the lawful good alignment you need to wield the sword. Also, you get more xp if you let him live, but that doesn't matter much in this game.

9. alighter Gems: 4/31

(SPOILER?)

Well, one trick to kill Trias but not having yourself involved is to have Vhailor in your party, and after TNO talked him into redemption, and Trias giving TNO the Celestial Host spell, Vhailor just interrupt and kill Trias and you got the Celestial Fire (and both of Trias tattoos, hehe), and all the experience points :D

And Celestial Fury looks like a rusty piece of metal compared to Celestial Fire :cool:

10. [​IMG] Soul Here. I don't really understand that. What exactly is the plagerism of Bioware? I can't say that I've ever heard about that.

11. MasterBlaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i was chaotic good the entire game, so i never obtained that weapon. Im perfectely happy with my "justifier"

12. Platter

^ Whoa, you never got any good weapons? You don't need to be Lawful Good to get one.

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

No, but you need to be lawful good to use Celestial Fire.

14. Platter

I know that, but Celestial Fire is not the only good weapon. There are several better than The Justifier.

[ October 24, 2002, 17:42: Message edited by: Platter ]

15. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I misunderstood that you were responding to the previous post, not the topic. My apologies.

16. Platter

No problem.
    That's what the "^" means, like an arrow pointing to the above post (in case you didn't know).

17. Ark Gems: 4/31

I posted this a month and a half ago.Didn't know that someone might write something.

18. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

(Not) Killing Trias

Since I played de game the moral way, I send Annah to stealth to Trias and pickpocket him. Than She made one fine backstabb as well.
    Deva alive and CF yours...

btw, I had little trouble staying lawful good for the whole game (except the very beggining)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.