1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your favorite quote?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sorvo, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Jon_P Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My top three favourite dialogs are:

Tersus: Uh, hello, I'm Tersus. Are you da... Are you da new recruits?

PC: Tersus? Nice name. If you turn it around backwards, it's Susret you know.

Tersus: Stop dat, you're makin' my brain bleed so much my hair hurts. Susret, what do I need wit a name like dat?

Drasus says some saying, can't remember it.

PC: You want to know what I always say? Always kill the mouthy one thats what I always say.

Drasus: HAW! That's a good saying. I am going to use your head as a puppet and make you say that again and again while drinking large amounts of mead.

And my all time favourite dialog that always makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it, is with the fat spider women\thing Centreol.

Centeol: Kill the meat, my pets!

PC: Hey wait! We've come to...to benefit from your divine wisdom. Let us speak.

Centeol: You've come to learn from my infinite wisssssdom. Ssssspeak quickly!

PC: We want to know why you're so fat?

Centeol: Your humor doesn't amuse me... DIE!

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Cool one from Drizzt:

"I have fought devils and demons so YOU shouldn't be any problem."

3. Edwin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have two.
    Binky the Buffoon-
    Don't touch me! I might get a cold.

Minsc (put him as first in your party and keep clicking Select All)
    Boo- the awesome miniature space hampster. Don't cross my path when he's around.

4. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

-A reply to a nobleman somewhere in BG (sorry, can't remember name or specific location): "You talked a lot but said absolutely nothing."
    -That madman at the Jester/Clown (whatever) Inn at Beregost: "A barrel full of monkeys isn't HALF as much fun as once claimed, and is in FACT rather horrifying!"
    -And my all-time favourite BG quote, Garrick's battle cry: "Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more!"

5. david w Gems: 19/31

I actually prefer it when Garrick panics:

"Brave, brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick led the way; brave, brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick ran away"

6. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Kagain: I like this place...where the gold grows!

when travelling in a dungeon.

7. Cambria Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"I do not understand this 'Mouse Magic' that makes me do your bidding!" - Edwin, Rare Selected.

"It may be a touch unladylike, but I'm gonna slit your throat, I am." - Neira in the Nashkel Inn. Isn't she carrying a mace? (It might be a flail, I'm not sure.)

8. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

its not a flail, im almost 100% sure on this, and my favorite quote is.............

Jaheira: Yes oh omniprescent authority figure.

just the way she says it dripping with sarcasm is enough to make me want to kill her and laugh at her at the same time.

9. david w Gems: 19/31

A few classics from Alora:

"Someone needs a tickle, someone needs a tickle!"

"I've heard that if you go too long with smiling, your face will crack!"

And Tiax when he panics:

"Tiax will rule... from a distance."

10. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Cant believe nobody said it already!

"Life is so hollow!"

"Our quest is vain!"

"We're all dooomed!"

:D All by :love: XAN :love: !

11. david w Gems: 19/31

I've just had Xan in my party and he says quite a few classic lines from time to time.

When the party's reputation drops below a certain level: "This group is especially hopeless today."

When he becomes leader: "As leader I shall endeavour not to get ALL of us killed."

There's even a nice little line he says to Ajantis when the would-be paladin starts complaining about the party's low rep. Can't remember it offhand but it cracked me up when I first heard it.

12. Trminator Gems: 3/31

Veteran

"Hey, ya" - Noober, in Nashkell!

This sentence made me kill him several times, but when I realized you actually get something from him, bullets, I think. Did you know there's a "copy" of him called Neeber in BG2, Trademeet? He says a lot of stuff to you, and eventually, you get a LOT of XP for listening to him.. :D

13. david w Gems: 19/31

Bullets from Noober? I got 400 XP for not killing him, although he's such an annoying git I usually just whack him and lose some XP.

14. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Actually, I think it's the other way around. You get xp for listening to Noober in BG, and you get Sunstone Bullets for listening to Neeber in BG2.

15. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31

"Camaraderie, adventure and steel on steel, the stuff of legends, right Boo?"

What the game is all about.

Cant remember if that is BG1 or 2 though :confused:

16. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Garrick running away

Xan's many lines (I like putting those two in a party together)

And one of the responses when you meet chicken boy. Something like "A talking chicken? Next I'll be hearing hampsters!"

And Neira is great too.

Shame...everyone's already said all the good ones.

17. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I always favoured "My old girls as clean as an elven ass"

18. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@ takara:

I think it was "my hotel 's as clean as an elven arse"...

19. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    You know I never thought of it like that. maybe that's why I've always found it so funny.

20. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Do not poke Drizzt, 'tis entirely unsocial!
    -Drizzt

Wife's been getting prickly on me arse!
    -commoner

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.