1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finished it

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by joacqin, Nov 26, 2001.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] And damn it was a fun game! But I must say that the ending was very abrubt. I was not satisfied there must be tons of other things they can put in the game. And the final chapter was outright disapointing. All your friends die, you get to know that the transcendent one is your mortality and then you fight. It wasnt even a very challenging fight. I tried to talk my way out of fighting but it seemed impossibly and I think you should be able to ressurect all of your companions. I ressurected DakĀ“kon and he got lots of bonuses but it would have been nicer if you could have ressurected all of them and TO to be alittle more challenging. I must have missed tons things if I feel this way.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Actually you can trick Transcendent One to go away for a minute and resurrect all party members.
    Also you can finish it without the fight. But that depends on your stats. Or you can say you'll use Blade of Immortal if TO does not merge with you.

But I bet you haven't checked all of the options.

Anyway, have you tried to cast Rune of Torment spell?
    And what about Celestial Host spell?
    If you haven't casted them, replay the final battle. And then post about those two spells. I bet they suck ;)

3. Deimos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm on my second way round right now at the Fortress of Regrets. I've already tried all the endings but I've got a different party this time! Keep playing joacqin, I found that there's a lot of stuff I missed when I first completed it :)

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Not challenging? Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhh. I must be a complete and utter moron then. The only way I could beat it was to spend about half an hour doing run-cast big spell-run. Or with my thief run-hide-backstab-run-hide...

5. Yemeth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The most fulfilling ending for me was merging with TTO. I love the movie that shows you merging and you also get to resurrect all of your party members and say goodbye. There's really no reason to fight TTO, other that to see how tough he is.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Actually there is a reason to fight Trans. One.

If you don't fight, you can't enjoy:
    Rune of Torment
    Celestial Host

I think those two are more than enough reasons.

7. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You get the rune of torment when you clasp that orb right?

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

You get it when you unlock the Bronze Sphere as result of knowledge about your first incarnation.

9. HP Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well, I just finished it too (30-50 mins ago), and found 3-4
    ways how you could end it without a fight.

(Saved right before the final dialog, and just had to try to find every possible way.)

I didn't need to fight w any of the incarnations, all merged after (sometimes) longish dialog.

the bronze sphere gave a nice 2 000 000 exp, ended up as 26th level mage, nice ;)

1. I had the blade of the immortal (or whatever it was), you could threaten to kill yourself with it, and you immortality would die too. I cut mi own throat w it and that was it.

2. There is a way to speak him to merge with you. This way he first brought the party members to life, and set them free, before the final merging.

3. You could *think* yourself off existense,
    which also destroyed him.

4. Don't remember exactly, but think there was also a way to force him to merge into you, by some other ways...

5. And then the fight... Well, interesting show when both had a good bunch of higher level spells.

I myself liked most the way to talk him first to awaken the party, then to merge.

Anyway, don't remember when I'd been this hard chained into any game. A bit shame there was no way to (at least I found none) have a *happy* end, but maybe it would've killed a bit of the spirit ;)
    Sniff sniff sniff... what ever happened to Deionnara...

10. herf Guest

Well the Fortress of Regrets was made by the Transcendant one so I'm pretty sure it would cease to exist when the Transcendant one did.
    So I'd say that her spirit was no longer anchored to the place so she now either wanders the negative plane aimlessly or she is in the mortuary where the rest of her spirit resides.

11. Tina2 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Or she is at last allowed to die after all. Like she says "I'll be witing for you in the halls of death, my love" (or however it is in the original - I had to play the german version) before she vanishes (after she took you to TTO).

12. [​IMG] All praise celestial host!!!

13. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You get celestial host by killing Trias (or didn't he give it to you even if you let him go? No matter, I almost always have Vhailor, so he usually doesn't get out alive) so you really don't need to fight the Trancendent One to cast that spell... Not that it deals too much damage to him anyway, he and his high saves. (Record: eight points of damage with meteor storm, whee.)

14. total Guest

I played with fighter, killed TO one on one, ending is great (fighter goes fightning to that huge battlefield and takes axe (my favourite :) ), btw. when playing mage, is the ending scene different? I fancied about playing with mage, but it was easier with fighter (at the end was like "taking candy from a baby"), probably because there isn't any powerfull mage enemies.

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

1. I always kill Vhailor.
    2. You receive the Cel. Host scroll no matter what you do.
    3. Celestial Host can't be casted in Sigil - or I had a bug in my game that prevented me. Conclusion: You have to go to the last stage to see this BG2 spells killer.
    4. How come noone speaks of another fancy spell available only in last stage: Rune of Torment?

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

A question. What exactly are the spells meant to do? It might be a bug, but when I tried casting them on the Transcendent One, I got the animations, then he saved or something and suffered a puny amount of damage. Please don't tell me to read the spell descriptions, as I don't have any saves from that far on.

17. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Extremist - I think it might be a bug in your version. I managed to cast Celestial Host in Sigil (although there really isn't much point, unless you use it in Undersigil). It's good fun watching various 'Holy' monsters rip the hell out of a small group of thugs... :evil:

18. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

[​IMG] I don't know, but i heard that you can acquire Rune Of Torment early in the game. (Undersigil or Curst)

19. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Unless there's some sort of mega-cheat, the only time you can get the Rune of Torment is in the Fortress of Regrets (plus about 2,000,000 exp).

20. Fudashi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't think I ever used rune of torment, but I found offensive spells in general to be pretty modest in Torment. Celestial Host failed to kill a handful of modrons, rather pathetic.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.