1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who wrote the story to Planescape?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Baldursgate Fan, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Baldursgate Fan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Specifically, Dakkon's Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon really blew me away (and this is not my first time through the game).

Forget Tom Clancy! The story writer/s deserve/s a star in my books!

2. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    alot of the stuff was taken from the core planescape world, the zerth etc... the writers just fiddled and twisted plots

3. Avooch Dar Guest

look at the credits in the manual and then you will see who it is. The whole script and conversations were very good indeed i must admit

4. Baldursgate Fan Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Please excuse my indulgence for dragging out of the cobwebs an old topic; but I thought it worthwhile to share with board members what I have just found. The background story to Planescape would hopefully inspire my friends here who have never played to give it a try.

I found an old Desslock interview with Guido Henkel, producer of Planescape, at http://desslock.gamespot.com/features/planescape/interview.html, where Henkel credited Chris Avellone with the fine ending.

Way to go, Chris! Wherever he is now. ;)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He's still at Black Isle Studios, probably working on Icewind Dale 2. ;)

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Such person working on IWD2!? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, they abandoned PT2 and passed him to make a sequel to idiotic diablo-like story of IWD... A brilliant idea... :mad:

I want stories - not hack'n'slash!!!

7. Baldursgate Fan Gems: 2/31

@Extremist,

I share your sentiments on Diablo.

IWD? Have not played that.

If what you say is true about the comparison with Diablo, I probably will not :D

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

And while we are all complaining about what we want, I want BOTH stories and hack n' slash. Is that too much to ask? :D

9. Baldursgate Fan Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Not at all.

To each his own.

:)

10. Thalantyr Guest

Extremist, How did you not like Iwd.
    It was a great game. Even better with HOW installed. I know its just someone's opinion
    but still. I really want a PST2, but Iwd2 should be a amazing game too.

Edit part:

I disliked Diablo2 too.
    Ugh i got so bored of diablo2 so fast. that game was just disapointing to me.

[This message has been edited by Thalantyr (edited September 07, 2001).]

11. Shraz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I must say I was a little disappointed with IWD, even HOW didn't seem to improve it that much. I have heard good things about a free downloadable expansion but have yet to get my hands on it. I agree that Diablo 2 was a huge letdown, I enjoyed Diablo a lot, I'de even go as far as to say it was one of the best games I've played, but diablo 2 was soooo boring and has almost no replay value for me as the story is exactly the same every time.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Let's stick to the topic, shall we? Carry your questions to another forum if they're not PS:T related.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.