1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ring of Wizardry

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Barmy Army, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll cut to the chase..

I have heard that a Rign of Wizardry can be found on the outskirts of the Friendly Arm Inn. I have searched for about an hour and drawn blanks :(

Does anyone know if this is only placed AFTER a mod or patch? (i am playing Bg1 bare, no mods or patches or DSotSC).

Does anyone know the co-ordinates of this ring? Or have I been duped? :p

Cheers buds

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Look on the online information on SP.

And do you have TotSC installed? If you have, it is removed.

3. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Actually it is there with ToTSC installed, trust me, thats the only way i've ever played it, but in walkthroughs here at SP, are the exact coordinates for it.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    With original and ToSC it will be there, it is in a small hole next to a pinetree, just a few yards east from the south exit of the road.

For the coordinates, check the Dan Simpson walkthrough on this site.

The ring can also be found in the city of Baldurs Gate

5. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I found the exact coordinates:

x=2554
    y=3759

The ring should be there.

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

If you are using BGtutu you can just press tab to highlight containers and such, it is a great adition.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have spent alot of time looking for that ring with the coordinates without finding it. I managed to find the ankheg armour in Nashkel but no Ring in friendly arm inn. I have unpatched BG.

8. dshadow Gems: 8/31

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was removed in certain versions of the game. I know I've never found it and I've stood on the exact spot where it's supposed to be.

9. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

The ring is added/removed by various combos of patches. I believe it's there in vanilla BG, removed with the BG patch, but added again with patch/unpatched TotSC.

Its possible the version of BG you're playing included the patch if it was a later release.

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I havre a vanilla version of the game, I never could find it. So I just consoled it in!

11. stefan Banned

In the first verision the ring could be found under the tree. Next verision it was removed (this was when I bought my copy and my friend had the first verision. Yes, I wanted to trade our games behind his back) When I installed ToTSC the ring was back, although the Ankheg Armor was gone, instead I found a worthless pearl on the field. So what are a fella to do to get every little nice freeloot?

12. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

Three simple words: "The Original Saga." :D

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

If someone has already mentioned this and my eyes have passed over this, I apologize, but where is the ankheg armour in Nashkel?

14. dshadow Gems: 8/31

The ankheg armour isn't in Nashkel, it's on an ankheg. Funny that.

Head to the far north of the world and you'll find an area swarming with ankhegs. Kill one of them and take the ankheg shell to the smith in Nashkel (whose name I can't remember but he's at the Thunderhammer Smithy) and he'll forge you some nifty armour from it.

15. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Actually there is hidden ankheg armor in the field on the western part of Nashkel. Its coordinates are (x 187 y 2742) :)

16. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The bonuses of the Ring of Wizardry aren't that great (+4 first level spells - whoopee!) but you can sell it for a shedload of money.

17. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

No sir, in my version, it's level 1 spells * 2
    That makes a lot of missiles at higher levels!

18. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Can confirm it is 2* 1st level spells. I gave it to Edwin and he had two pages of level 1 spells - just awesome.

There is also the other one you get later, but I haven't tried to see if he could where both at the same time.

19. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Actually it's 9000gp, with normal rep. of course...

20. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

If you wear both you get 4x the normal number of first level spells.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.