1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Leaving Baator

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Captain Spud, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] got to the pillar of skulls...now how do i get back to Curst?

2. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If I remember correctly, the portal is the lower left of the map.

3. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think you need some pebbles or obsidian shards or something to activate the portal.

It's been awhile since I've played, but I vaguely recall running around wildly being chased by cornugons. :D

4. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] any idea on where i could get some shards? my farthest save is right after i killed ravel.

5. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't remember ever getting shards. I seem to remember finding something on a body, but I don't remember where. Maybe in the top right of the map.

6. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Again, it's been a while, but I would try either looking on the ground or killing a cornugon or something and seeing if they drop them. Something makes me want to say check out the middle of the screen, but that's just a hunch.

Sorry, it's the best I can do. :(

[EDIT: I'm assuredly not guaranteeing shards or anything(it's been at least a year since I played through PT), but I remember discarding something that seemed to have no real use and then having to run back and pick it up when I realized it was probably there for a reason. I still want to say it is dirt or pebbles or a rock or some other bit of the land.]

[This message has been edited by The Deviant Mage (edited July 22, 2001).]

7. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31

so i should be able to pick up whatever it is from some of the creatures spoils? ill post again if i make it through it...ill post anyways if i cant find anything...

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Geez...

This is the whole idea: you must be told by someone about the portal and the key.

If you haven't asked that Fhjull already, you'll have to ask that Pillar and suffer some more to get an answer.

When you learn about portal and key, you just need to go to straight forward to left corner - opposite the entrance to Pillar area and you'll trigger the portal automatically like the one in Ravel's maze.

You DON'T need any "item key" in inventory.
    You CAN NOT trigger the portal if you weren't previously told about it.

9. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31

thank you oh great fountain of knowledge...i rather enjoyed hanging on for dear life as i slaughtered the masses in search of a rock...

10. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Spoiler
    There is actually a way to get the Pillar to give you an answer without 'suffering' at all (although a lot of people will probably already know this). If your Charisma is high enough (simply cast 'Friends' or use charms if it isn't), you can lie to the pillar about Fjhull's location convincingly enough for it to believe you. Of course, you can only do this to get one answer, but that's pretty much all you need from the Pillar.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Jimmy, he actually HAS to learn about Fortress of Regrets and Trias from Pillar. That means - he'll suffer at least once if he haven't sucked the portal info out of Fhjull.

12. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I realise that, but I'm just saying how to 'not suffer' if you've already gotten the info off of Fjhull...
    I ended up losing 15hp permenantly after my first go at negotiating with the pillar... boy was that a mistake (about 3 hits from the next monster killed me!)
    (Sorry, we've kind of gone off on a bit of a tangent!)

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Actually, the best thing to suffer in case you've got to, is to trade Morte, then to get him back (but for that you have to be "double-specialized" in one class).

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Which class extremist ?
    and also it took me ages to find the spot for the portal when i was looking like most people for an actual piece of obsidan.

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Any class!

You just have to be THAT class when you press "level up" button for the first time to reach level 7 and level 12.

So, if you reached level 7 as a fighter first, and level 12 as a thief - you won't be "double-specialized in a class" nor will be able to pull Morte back from Pillar.

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Thanks i understand now what you mean by double specialized. I was when i did it and i pulled morte out.

17. Deimos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

POSSIBLE SPOILER
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    When I was at the pillar, I didn't lose any Hp as I followed Morte's advice and hid him around the corner near the entrance gate to the area. I actually can't remember what I gave in return for my question (I only asked about the Fortress of Regrets) but it wasn't the Modron Cube or any blood...

All I know is that I saved Fhjull's life by lying to the Pillar:)

Oh yeah, later, in Carceri, I convinced Trias to go home but Vhailor killed him:( Before he died, Trias said I was cursed because
    "The demon I tricked has been released"
    Then there was a little cutscene where Fhjull is freed from his curse- but nothing ever happened to me. Has anyone got any idea why its a curse to me if Fhjull was released?

Ah, nostalgia.....

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] 1. You don't lose anything if you were smart and asked Fhjull where's the portal to get away from pillar. If you skipped that, you must ask that the Pillar itself - and suffer.

2. Cursed? You're not cursed, don't worry. Neither if you pissed Deionarra in the beginning - when she curses you... Right. Sure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.