1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fave NPC?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by herf, May 9, 2001.

1. Trias Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

There's a few good character interactions in there. I've not heard the one where 'Morte wants to snuggle with Annah's Pillows', but I don't have Nortom in the group yet. Morte is the PsT version of Minsc...

Yeah. Ignus pretty much suxx. It caught me by surprise when he roasted/vaporized his would-be-girlfriend when you first release him.

I trained him; I'll capp him. Twice.

{Edit} To reply to the original topic: Morte. He's the comedy section.

[This message has been edited by ejsmith (edited April 21, 2002).]

3. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] :love: Fall-From-Grace :love: I love her voice. And shes a Succubus. What more do you want?

I always felt a little cheap using Vhailor due to his stratospheric resistances, but it was great when he scored a critical and roared, "YIELD!" Man; that was on a par with Sarevok's evil laugh in TOB :cool:

All the other characters had their appealing aspects, and (as any self-respecting PS:T fan knows) it is them that make the game what it is.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited April 23, 2002).]

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Why do so many people say that Ignus sux? Okay, he doesn't have much dialog, like fall-from-grace and Morte, but it is so cool when you click him and he says: Ignus desiers to burn! and Yes Master, the only bad thing about Ignus is.. well I'm not gonna say it since it's a spoiler :0)!

Still Annah and Vhailor are best, So I had to drop Ignus for Vhailor :(. (Morte and Dak'kon are importand for the story and fall-from-grace, well she can heal you, she has tons of dialogs, and she is a sucubus! Can't part with her :0) ) I played once with Ignus and Vhailor and witoud Dak'kon, I must say that that is a really cool way to play, but you miss huge parts of the story... I wish you could take them all :)!

[This message has been edited by SleepleSS (edited May 03, 2002).]

5. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Annah and Morte, body and brain.

(has morte a brain ?)

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My three favorites have got to be (in order): Annah, Ignus, and Dak'kon.

Annah is not only useful as a fighter/thief, her quotes are great, especially those aimed at FFG, she was the only romantic interest I ever pursued.

Ignus because, well, he's on fire for crying out loud! Great voice, mysterious past, bizarre present, just obsenely cool in my book.

Dak'kon. What else cam be said. Loyal, trustworthy, a great warrior, adds so much to the story, can't play PST without him.

All that said, ALL of the characters are great, well developed, great voice acting, excellant stories, and differant from any other NPCs from any other RPG that I've ever played. The tragic stories of each character that revolves around The Nameless One were one of the greatest factors in drawing me into the story.

7. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My favourite charakter is Valor,he rocks,and it's cool that he serves the person who he was hunting all the time :D .
    At second favourite charakter I would pick Ignus,because I like burning torches :D

8. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

My favorite character is Mortedak'kongracenordumannah. :D

9. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Gotta go with Dak'kon or Morte..
    Morte for the laughing and Dak'kon for the mysteries that surrounds him... :D

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Reviving old threads are we?
    Hrm, very well then, I think my favorite would be...

*Ryn takes a 15min pause to think this over

...Grace, because you just can't say no to a succubus or Nordom, for actually being useful.
    Others well... they're just in my way.

11. Virus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dakkon ("endure. in enduring grow strong.")
    and
    Ignus ("The flamesssss burn in Ignusssss")

They're just the coolest. I hate Annah and got bored of Morte.

12. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

As someone already said, ALL ARE GREAT.

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The original topic

I'd have to say either of the ladies. Most of my reasons have previously been mentioned, so I won't bother to reiterate.

14. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

After finalyl completing the game (and in two days I might add ;) )
    I have come to the conclusion that all the NPCs are great and it is impossible to choose one over the others.

Man talk about resurrection ;)

15. Xachariah Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Vhailor

[ October 02, 2003, 15:22: Message edited by: Xachariah ]

16. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I haven't PS:T so much, that I could tell yet. And all NPCs I've met have been very interesting and cool personalities - so it is extremely hard to choose.

Xachariah, welcome to Boards O' Magick! :wave: And then, you should read forum rules, because l33t spelling isn't allowed here http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/rules.htm

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Annah, she's the one most like me.

Morte, he's cool

and...

er...

The rest of them :spin:

I don't suppose I could put Nameless as joint first with Annah, could I?

18. Xachariah Gems: 1/31

thanks, I guess I need to read the faq after all :D

also, after vhailor, morte is probably my favorite, he's just so funny

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.