1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Max HP bug?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Doomlord, Jun 24, 2000.

1. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] My character is a lvl 9 fighter with a constituiton score of 20.I leveled up to 10 only to see that I was given 3+5 HP makin my total 150.I was used to get 9+5 or 10+5 so I tried a few times but always 3+5...Is this a bug in the game or is there a limit to HPs?I am in Curst now and I think I can lvl up to 14-15 by the end of the game.But without the HPs it won't be fun.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well I for one know that I've had a char with over 200 HP and as far as I know there isn't any limit to how many HP you can have.
    It works fine for me... if you're a warrior you get 1d10 + all applicable bonuses from CON and such... The number of hit points you get is random, though.
    So you could get 1 HP from that 1d10 or 10, plus all the bonuses for exceptional CON and such. Maybe there's a bug in the unpatched game, but I doubt it.
    If you don't have the patch yet, try installing it (you can find it on my site below the easter egg morte pic).

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited June 24, 2000).]

3. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

Well I tried at least 4 times but everytime it gave me 3+5 to 150.I tried because I was told that there is no limit in exp in torment so I thought there musn't be any in HPs too.It works in 1.1 patch all nice and stable(until this happened)..
    And can you tell me the max lvl or exp you had?If Nameless One goes to lvl 20+ he will have all his statistics near 18.
    Thank you.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I finished with a level 18 mage the last time... I had about 190 HP then... of course that's because you get a huge level boost just before the end of the game (I went up like 3 levels if I remember right).

5. bungle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I just finished the game with a 22nd level mage, with over 200 hit points, but that was with the aegis of torment and such stuff, so it might stick at 150 naturally, not sure.
    I was wondering, what does that symbol of torment thing you get near the end actually do? The effect is pretty fun, but didnt seem to do anything...

6. Pye-Man Gems: 1/31

I finished the game with a level 25 mage with over 250 hp's and about 4,500,000 exp, i was only getting about 3-7 hp's per level from normal skill but because my con was on 25 i was getting an extra 7 hp's as well per level. There is no limit to the ammount of hp's or level's you can go up by it just takes along time to accomplish this, one tip if you want to finish the game as a high level, before you go to ravel's maze make sure you go down to undersigil and stay there until you get to at least lvl 16-18, as soon as you get to curst the exp's go up by a massive ammount.
    Hope this help's
    Pye-Man

7. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

Thank you all for your replies but today this strange bug has struck again.I had to accept 3+5 for nameless one (I tried 10 times today but always the same...But when Ignus leveled up to lvl 11, he got only 1+2(I tried 6-7 times to see if the bug was on duty!)and the strange thing is he didn't get a lvl6 spell slot.Correct me if I am wrong please; I know the lvl of char and lvl of spell is like this:lvl3-lvl2 ,lvl5-lvl3, lvl7-lvl4 ,lvl9-lvl5 ,lvl11-lvl6 and so on..Am I wrong??

8. bungle Gems: 1/31

I'm sure I remember somewhere it saying that after 10th or 11th level you only get so many hit points per class, it must be that.
    Think it's something like 1 for mages, 2 for thieves and 3 for mages.
    You still get constitution bonus though, although, at the end, when i got the 2 million, I went up about 5 levels, but only seemed to get the con. bonus once.

9. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Thank you for your help Bungle.Is this the case in AD&D? PT is my second AD&D game(Long live Might&Magic series :)

10. Lockarm Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] In tabletop AD&D rules a warrior doesn't get the D10 after 9th level he only gets an additional +3 hp/level plus Constitution bonus. So planescape Torment is running properly. after 10th level mages only get +1, thieves get +1 or +2. Torment stayed in sync with most of the tabletop AD&D rules which is one of the things that makes it so great.

PS- I finished the game as a level 32 fighter and I had 201 HP without the AEGIS of TORMENT. I just can't get that darned Players Maze....
    PLUS Torment seems to be stingy with anyone other than the NAMELESS ONE getting higher than 5th level spell slots. ( And I gave all the really cool spells to Dakkon :-(, )

[This message has been edited by Lockarm (edited June 26, 2000).]

11. bungle Gems: 1/31

So Dak'kon doesnt get spell slots over 6th level? I never got that far with his experience to test him. I know that he couldnt learn spells over 6th level cause of his intelligence being low, but I found that if you bung a few intelligence tatoos on him, he could memorize more spells and stuff.
    Reckon that'd let him have more spell slots?

12. Pye-Man Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I may be just a little bit further on here than most people but i just finished the game with a 37th level fighter with just under 7,500,000 exp and 409 hp's and no aegis of torment, hmmm... I must just be having a lucky game, i didn't do all the side quests because i wanted to finish the game quickly (about 1 1/2 days) so i don't know what's going wrong with your games.

13. Thade82 Gems: 1/31

It you look in the Planescape: Torment hand book you will see all the tables used for character advance such as hit dice (Hit points), ability scores (19 int lets you memorize all spells etc), and experience tables. It starts on page 29.
    To the first question on HP if you swich classes then you will gain HP in addition to whaat you already have including CON bonuses of +2 with 17 or higher CON score if you are anything other than a fighter.
    About Dak'kon if you are a mage then you may be able to ask him to teach you about the unbroken circle of Zerithmon that he keeps with him. If you have a VERY high INT score then you will be able to teach him about the 8th level and in doing so his INT, CON, and iI think DEX will raise permenently thus letting him cast some of those high level spells you gave to him and to be able to cast 9th level spells the char needs to be at level 18 without ability scores factored in.
    just a little help from a lesser mimir

14. Worlock Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hahaha... well, I finished the game with a level 87 mage with a trillion exp points, and level 13 spells :) hahahaha :)

(d'oh)

just kidding :)

15. herf Guest

i honestly spent about a month in undersigil and i got all my character classes up to 100 apart from mage (lvl 82 if i member correctly) and i had dak'kon with just the same amount of spells as me so dak'kon can memorise the same amount of spells as you.

16. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Not with his initial INT... You probably had some rings to improve his intelligence and/or tattoos.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.