1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can dwarves have romances?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Brasher, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Brasher Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hi all,

I just wanted to ask a quick most likely a dumb question..i'm a male dwaven fighter. Do i get a romance.

2. Anra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't have personal experience but read this "Racial (lame) issues:
    Dwarves and Halforcs can’t get any romance
    Humans, Halfelves and Halflings can romance anyone of the four romancing NPCs depending on gender.
    Male Elves can’t romance Viconia.
    Male Gnomes can romance Aerie ONLY. Female Gnomes can’t romance Anomen." in a romance walkthru. Perhaps a bug fix exists on Baldurdash.com website? Sorry your little guy may be sleeping alone for awhile.

3. wildride Gems: 1/31

Well the common opinion is no, at least I have not seen anyone say you can, however everyone also says only human/elf/halfelf can have romance, but Ive had a halforc start one with Jaheira, I didnt know about the romances at the time so screwed it up.

4. Brasher Gems: 1/31

ok..that stinks. I mean the least they could have done was put a dwarven women in here. Anyway i can't do anything about it.

thanks for the help

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

Heh, dwarven women have beards. Kinky :D!

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Dwarf don't care much for females that are not of their race, however I say they should at least be able to romance gnomes...

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Yes, but Headbanger, the game would need some female gnome NPC's first. :p

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

In IWD my female gnome illusionist was bald and had a beard. You could romance her if you want. ;)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well actually you can... There's a hack on SP that allows your dwarf to have a romance. If you want to use it, of course, is up to you.

10. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Aside: I tried the patch and instead of Anomen making passes at my female dwarven cleric, Jaheira and Aerie started fighting over her. So, the patch only seems to work for males of the unromanceable races. I'm sure it was a surprise to my little lawful-good cleric to be fending off interracial lesbian romances. But then, dwarves don't differentiate much between genders so maybe it doesn't matter. I think anyone would find Jaheira sexier than Anomen anyway.

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited December 14, 2001).]

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ooops. :p
    I don't think the guy who made the patch thought anyone would be playing female dwarves or half-orcs...
    I'll put a note about it somewhere...

Edit after checking:
    Erm, no, the All Race Romances Hack is supposed to work for females too. Which one exactly did you use?

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited December 14, 2001).]

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I always wonder: How do you people know all these things? Of which race can have a romance with who etc... Have you tried it? Read it somewhere? It's not in my manual, or my eyes are too sore caused by staring at the monitor for too many hours while playing BG! ;)

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Sorcerers plane is a place of wisdom and knowledge. It is a result of the experience gained from uncounted hours of gaming, brilliant in-depth research, trial & error and cunning analysis of the BG-1/2 & IWD series games :heh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.