1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Death of Firkraag

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Blackthorne TA, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Shamroc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

With highest regards to the Sages, but after reading through I cannot help but to chip in my experiences. Good times. . .

I LOVE the dragon fights. This is, to me the best 2 fights in the game. I buff up with protections, save, deep breath, wipe my palms and dive in.

Hehe after the first couple go arounds I learned to be very careful and not have my mages stand in line of fighters when those wing flaps hit. Still remember the first time, everyone KO'ed except Ariel (sp?) who had to run in wide circles, with Dragon in tow, till everyone got back to thier feet. Great battles!

I also learned to spread out my summoned creatures; That Shadow Dragon likes to cast Finger of Death, even before the battle, while you 'build up your forces.' Grrrr :mad:

Good story BA even 18 months old.

I'm just glad you don't get crushed when the dragon finally falls, whew.

And finally it seems to me that the dragons have an invisiable stoneskin. I get nothing but a string of whiffs till about the final 1/3 or 1/4 of the battle, then the blows start to roll in. Just a head-scratcher. :hmm: (sorry if this waters-down your post BA)

[Not at all; I welcome this kind of post. But please, it's BTA :) ]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited March 10, 2002).]

2. phoenyx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi all. Well, this is my first time on this site. And I also just cfinished beating the dragons. Hardest battles I had, until the very last. I had an elven Assassin, Valygar (dual wielding Dragonslayer and the Celestial Fury), Minsc with the Vorpol Sword, and Vicky with the flail of ages hitting Firkragg, with Natlya and Imoen Simulacrium and all four hitting repeatedly with Magic missle. Even with all that, it took a few reloads, and he finally fell, but killed Valygar before he did. And they were all maxed out on levels. The shadow dragon was by far easier.

3. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The Dragons in BG2 are WAY to simple to defeat! When I'm fighting my way in to Firkraags dungeon it can be very hard sometimes, but when I'm finally fighting the "master", Firkraag, I kill him like a fly. I always take the first 2 dragons when I'm lvl 9-11 (depending on wich class, race) and I usally take them on the first try. The only one that dies now and then is Haer' Dalis, and that's coz of his 9 Con. I once waited to kill Firkraag til after Underdark and all that, my skald(!) and Haer' Dalis could rape him. Tried first with my Skald alone, but I only got him to Badly Injured. They Golems that "guards" the Heartseeker is FAR, FAR more difficult to kill than Firkraag. And give Minsc the Silver Sword and he can take him alone without beeing hurt more than half of his HP.

They are fun to kill, but they are to easy I belive... Kangaxx is the toughest hostile encounter in BG2. Other than him, it's the golems, NOT the dragons...

4. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Firkraag's armor class is -12, very low...but with his original script he is no real challenge! All of you should try the Solaufein Romance MoD, the modified AI Firkraag and the Shadow dragon are really tough enemies!

5. Ka_Death Guest

I have a Mage that killed Frikraag that is level 12. When i first encounter the dragon, I thought it will take me time killing it.
    But its exciting killing a dragon using a lightning bolt...

6. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Just one? Despite the power of the "bouncing lightning" technique, I don't think a single bolt is enough to kill Firkraag before he kills you...

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I killed him bit by bit through the whole game. I'd run in and run out again.

8. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

rofl, i've never tried that, but, one question: doesnt he heal himself?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.