1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)
olimikrig

High DragonHad a mixed feeling about this one.

High DragonHad a mixed feeling about this one.
olimikrig, Apr 18, 2011
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Dragon Age 2 - Solo Rogue, Nightmare (Spoilers!)
    Uploaded By:
    olimikrig
    Date:
    Apr 18, 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
  • On one hand the "platform phases" are pretty tough and keeps you on the edge, on the other hand the ground phase is a joke.

It was the first thing I did in Act 3. The ground phase was very simple. Just sent my Dog at it and then began firing. When the dog died it didn't try and engage me in melee but just shot fireballs at me (which you can easily evade). I had 99% crit so I did a lot of damage to it.

The second phase (when it flies to the platform and the Dragonlings spawn) was a whole different matter, however. It was a very messy affair. The Dragonlings a very fast and hard to kite. Died at my first attempt because I wasn't concentrating enough and allowed myself to be knockdown locked by them. Further my dog couldn't survive more than a few seconds once they ganged up on it. I found that the best strategy was to immediately stealth and while they killed my dog I ran to the grassy spot just right of the entrance. From there I could pull them to me (it was almost impossible to just pull them a few at a time, though, as they were too close together and I was almost always within view). The Dragons that spawn in the second platform phase have a lot of hit points, so the best way to deal with them is to pull them from maximum distance and then stealth when they come close and let your dog tank them.

It's hard to describe exactly how it went down as the dragons were all over the place, and I was constantly on the run. I think it's safe to say that I spent most of the fight just running from Dragonlings :p.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.