1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who Would Join Me?

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Avooch Dar, May 21, 2001.

1. Avooch Dar Guest

I Sir Dargorn would like to know how many of you play as Paladins in BG & BG2.
    Only those who have never strayed from the path of truth and justice may enter their name on these pages.

If you have any queries against the mighty paladin then you may also enter your ideas so that we may clear the sense of tension on this board.

I realise this has been done before so i would like to air a side topic:
    The monk is too powerful and should not get too much more powerful in TOB. Do you agree with me?

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I query the mighty paladin =)

when death is bred in your bones because of your heritage, how can a paladin possible justify his existence as a creature of goodness?

3. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

ummm...paladins are only cool cos they are 'ard...they never stop running on about how great their god(s?) are

4. Avooch Dar Guest

Because unlike the other children of Bhaal i have found the way to harness my immense powers to to the side of goodness.
    You would not know this as you can not disipline yourself!

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Imaging living in that cruel world.. Imaging Yourself in that word beeing either a commoner/noble :D (at last I found a way to mention them again) / or a beggar/ whatever 0-level PC. Then Imagine a glorious Knight allied with gods themselves, watching over You ready to sacrifice his life in fighting the evil forces that roams the realms. A man/women with whom You cannot feel moree comfortable and safe... This is a PALADIN. These are the true Heroes of the REALMS!!

(this is a pure emotional point of view, nothing to do with the statistics charactergeneration of PC's and their classes and kits of BG-series :eek :)

6. Avooch Dar Guest

Thankyou Nobleman i shall make you an honary member of the Shining Justice Order! (Guild did not sound right).
    You are a true hero and i understand the truth in all that you say. I can see the wonder of being the pompous Nobleman or the cockney commoner as he goes around on his daily duties.
    I shall now consider you a pact brother and shall protect you and your family at every cost. Even if i lose my life! (might have to review that last option. Maybe you would settle for free parking on wednesdays)

7. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

"Pah Paladins, they have their place I suppose I even like a few like me ol' mate Keldorn and Sir Bel. But I reckon there be something amiss about a group who preaches truth and justice for all but won't allow no non-humans to join" Slappy 4th - Dwarven Barbarian

"Truely spoken Dwarf" Slappy 3rd - Half Elf Sorcerer

"You have a good point Brother" Slappy 2nd - Halfling Cleric

8. Avooch Dar Guest

Then i tell you that i am not a racist!!!!
    It is not my fault that this is the way of things!
    I would certainly accept all kinds if i were the maker of the realms.
    Unfortuantly i am not but i would have you kno that you may join my order regardless of weather you are a noble Elf or a humble Halfling. You are worthy warriors in the fight against evil!!!!!
    So says Sir Dargorn

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

I thank You with open arms. You are always welcome to come visit me in the Government district. You know those servants are a bore. No wonder I have this silly accent.
    A parking spot on wednesday would be just delightfull. I find the templedistrict so dreadfully crowded with caravans each wednesday. I can barely leave the government district!!would You believe!!
    And I find it so disgusting to park at the Bridge-district. Soooa many utterly-repulsive individuals there. Oh dear oh dear....... :rolleyes: I better stop now as I feel the breath of a very observant green dragon around. :D

10. Avooch Dar Guest

Ahhh good to hear that you are of true composition my good friend Nobleman!

I would like people's opinions on the monk if you please though aswell because that is half of the post.

So says Sir Dargorn

11. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Well, in ToB, his Magic Resistance doesn't become past 70% I believe, as the main guy that gets high MR is the wizardslayer and he gets a lot more...
    I think they'll be strong, though, in ToB.
    But hey, you're a child of Bhaal!

BTW. I hope they'll implant more of the kits in the game itself. In BG2 I only encountered the Barbarian. Not the monk, not a sorcerer (don't count Firkraag!) not a wizardslayer etc. Pitty... I hope we'll see more of 'em in ToB...!

12. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

My opinion on Monks is as always.
    I don't Like them. It is as they have no composition that even vagely resembles the other classes and kits. They seem to come from a land far away from fairun. Even further away than Hillsfar.
    But I think we have to accept their apperance. As long as I am not forced to have one in my group I don't mind.

PS. Am I the only one thinking that The "Orog Commander" Icon seems to have a serious back-injury ?? :D :D

13. Avooch Dar Guest

I think that the wizard slayer is the worst kit in the game and i would be glad to see it get lots of bonuses in TOB

The most mr you can get in bg2 is 19% with a wizard slayer. It does not seem right that a monk would get more than a fighter who devotes his life to eradicating mages!

even at top level of TOB the wizard slayer will only get 40% mr. or will they get an extra bonus?

14. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

but why be a shiny behinded paladin when u can be a gorgeous behinded master theif?

15. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

There is a monk in the game! That girl on the second floor of Mae'vaer's guild house is a monk.

16. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Another thing about Monks that I find wrong, or at least Improper is the abilities his fist gets at higher levels.

I am not thinking about his fighting abilities. They may or may not be excellent. But his ability to hit creatures only hit by magical weapons ,enchanted by unnatural/devine means, is somewhat misplaced.
    Where does a monk gets his hands enchanted? He may be lethal against humanoids hitting them in fatal places (hence getting a +3 bonus to hit and dmg.) that I can relate to. But hitting A moving cloud with a Lethal Martial Arts kick that kills it in perhaps one blow I simply cannot find in my heart to defend.
    I would at least have this ability stribbed in ToB. Perhaps a compromise: make magical gloves/ items that grants his hands enchantments whatever.So that he can hit monsters with resistance to normal weapons. But Giving him this as an Inate/natural ability I don't like.

17. Avooch Dar Guest

I concur Nobleman and your statement is valid as always.

As for he lowly Spudsquisher, i shall not take offence from your poor atempt at humour but will say that indeed the theif has a great many skills that are useful if not vital in the acheivement of nearly all quests and i would have the upmost respect for you if it wasn't for your comment.

But you see every profession has its strength but it needs a born leader to pull a team together and stop them from straying onto the road of evil and tyranny. (especially the theif who is constantly exposed to temptation). plus i am real 'ard so there!!
    oh and lets be honest you theifs are not exactly ....er.......charismatic at the best of times. You are loners who would rather attack from behind than face the risk of death. So you need me to get you anywhere with other people.

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

:) I am honered!

I can't help but to quote Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp-fiction (not that I do anything to imply that he has any resemblance a paladin :D , he is merely playing a confused soul trapped in a dirty and wicked environment)
    Ezikuel 25.17 the path of the richeous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in name of charity and good will, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother keeper and the finder of lost children......"
    I just found it appropiate ;)

19. Avooch Dar Guest

All i wish is for a little peace in this realm.

What do you think of my stats by the way:

str: 19
    dex:19
    con:13
    int:13
    wis:21
    cha:19

pretty good eh?
    i got a remarkable roll at the begging of bg and got all the tomes and then imported

I would like to hear from Slappy to see if my racial equality ideas were able to calm his injured spirit.

20. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] A truly Glorious and potent Icon. I must say he is an inspiration to the followers of Shining Justice Order ;)

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 22, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.