1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warriors among the Reddened Planes

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Shura, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

(Here's another RPG topic for you people since Rak ruined my tavern with his demon :D
    Some guidelines though. No picking of fights on your first post which should be introductory with regards to your character.
    Powerful characters are fine, but they should not be invincible. Shura the Kensai was powerful, but he was hardly omnipotent.
    Please read the previous posts before you put down your own to avoid the tavern fiasco all over again. Despite the title, non-fighter characters are welcome, the term warrior being used more to describe extraordinary characters.)

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

As Shura walked down the Planar tunnel, the opening to Faerun closing behind him, he felt an irrestible tug of mental energy closing upon his very being.
    Heartsick, wounded and fatigued beyond belief, all the white haired swordsman could do was huddle on his knees, drawing his black cloak around him and clutching the hilt of his prized sword.
    Reality shimmered around him, leaving him cowering on a dark obsidian floor before a towering figure cloaked in a crystal robe.
    " Sword of Bitterness and Defender of the Damned, called upon are you to fufil a part in your destiny!" The crystal robed figure intoned in an emotionless voice.
    Dazed, Shura raised his head and gasped in shock at the figure's face: a face made up of tiny metallic plates which reflected the faces of all the people who were prominent in his life. His friends Blackmire and the Bastard Squadron gazed down sightlessly at him, their portraits fixed on the metallic face. His sensei(teacher/master) Sattsu glared, his eyes as cruel captured in an image as in real life. Another plate depicting a woman's face with soft brown eyes and dark flowing hair made his throat tighten and fists clench.
    "What manner of being are you to torment me so!" Shura rasped harshly as he drew his swords. The strength left his arms and his weapons fell to the floor. An impaled heart and ruptured ribcage took a long time to heal, even with magical regeneration. Even so, Shura raised a hand contorted into a parody of a claw towards the being's face but it too, fell with the swordsman onto the floor. His white hair spilling all over made a stark contrast with the dark tiled ground.
    " A scourge has come upon the multiverse. You must play a part in defeating it." Again came the cold voice that sent shivers down Shura's spine.
    " Then you have called on the wrong person. I am as far from a hero as can be. Find someone else to wage your war against evil."
    " Your opponent is beyond Good or Evil, Law or Chaos. He seeks to devour all of reality, hence villian and hero across the planes must unite to defeat Him. I, Melfaer, incarnation of Neutrality have summoned you here for that purpose."
    " Hero or villian eh? I guess I fit into the latter..." Shura's pale, thin lips twisted into a bitter grin.
    " I know of your personal quest to wreak havoc upon the celestial planes and destroy the 5 Solars of Justice. Know that I will aid your quest as a reward."
    " Does not look as if I have any other choice, eh? Very well, who am I supposed to kill?" came the reply.
    " The original God, the Lord of Creation, the maker of the multiverse and the one who spawned the pantheon of gods among the realms. Having created the multiverse for His pleasure and exploitation, His access to it has been denied by the spell cast by the First Mage, a god long gone and dead with his worshippers being forgotten legends themselves. You must wipe out the spark of life within His heart."
    " And I'm supposed to do this alone? Don't think this will even scratch him." Shura got up, finally regaining some measure of strength and hefting his katana. Picking up his shorter blade, he sheathed it and said: " Don't be foolish."
    " You are merely the first to be summoned here. Others will soon join you to form the Companionship to preserve the multiverse." the crystalline being replied. Having said that, it turned around and opened another dimensional portal.....

3. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Oh no Shura!

He's going to time travel and give Gary Gygax's parent's a pamphlet on birth control! :o

No-o-o-o!

Without Gary Gygax there would be no D&D, and if there were no D&D we would not all be here today!

The horror!

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The dwarf ran down the alley, his breath coming in ragged gasps. His leather armour was rent and torn, his face bruised and bloody, a trickle of blood ran from the corner of his mouth. His eyes darted nervously back and forth. It looked as if he'd given the Shadow thieves the laugh.

Suddenly three figures appeared out of the darkness. "Well, well, well," said the one who was obviously the leader, "If it isn't our little freelancer. You've led us quite the chase but it ends here. Mr Linvail doesn't *like* freelancers, my friend".

The dwarf launched himself at the men, hammer flying in a wide arc. The target dodged and the hammer made contact with thin air. The dwarf looked round to see a dagger sticking in his side, vile green poison dripping from its blade. His hand flew to the bottle of antidote on his belt. He raised it to his lips, then felt the throwing dagger bite into his hand. The bottle fell and smashed on the cobblestones. "You won't escape that easily, little freelancer" laughed the lead Shadow Thief.

The dwarf grunted in pain as his whole world went black.....

"UUUUrrghhh," moaned the dwarf, " I thought I was a goner for sure." He looks around him, seeing that, whatever plane he's on, it's not the prime material. Painful realisation slowly dawns. "Oh"

Shura reacts with surprise to this new arrival. The battered looking dwarf looks similar to a patron of the Tavern of Infinity - he has the same bristly grey beard for a start, but certain features show this is not the same dwarf. The dwarf decides to introduce himself- "Hello, I'm Cedric Ironbeard, you may know my brother, Ratchett." (my longest post yet!)

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited March 31, 2001).]

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

fategg finds himself walking through the forest, unsure just why he is there, he decides to summon up his complete set. Arin Comin Purchae Corik! a cloud of mist swirls around him as plates appear over his chainmail and his axe "bloody-fiend" materializes in his hands, a dark helmet covers his head, dark red cape with a gryyfin forms on his back, and dark plated leggings form under his chainmail pants. he smiles thinly and groans reassuringly. suddenly he materializes on a crystal plain, shura is there, as is the dwarf which was in the tavern, he immediately realizes what is going on, and nods in approval. he smiles as his weapons let out a shrill screech and drop dark blood all over the once shimmering ground, they yearn for blood, and he senses that they will get it.

[This message has been edited by The Fat Egg (edited July 18, 2001).]

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The voice of Melfaer booms out. "BEHOLD THE DWARF. SMALL OF BODY AND SMALL OF MIND. HE IS DRIVEN BY NO MORE THAN GREED AND FEAR. HE IS ALREADY DEAD, THROUGH HIS WEAKNESS AND IS ENROUTE TO ETERNAL SUFFERING AS A PETITI0NER! HE IS OF NO USE TO US AND HAS BEEN BROUGHT HERE TO DEMONSTRATE THE PRICE OF FAILURE." With an earth-shattering scream the dwarf is torn into a million pieces by some invisible force. The pieces dissapear into nothingness. "WEAKNESS HAS NO PLACE ON OUR QUEST. IF WE ARE NOT STRONG THAT FATE AWAITS US ALL. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO FAIL."

7. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Two thieves back off nervously when they see what they have gotten themselves into... A man wearing black amour, with a rapier sheathed and a gaunlet in his left hand stares menancingly at them. He grins suddenly and pulls out his rapier. With its black, black blade, it radiates pure evil. The thieves wet their pants as his eyes pierces into theirs and licks his blade. Many times he has gone through this and oh how he enjoys watching his fear spell take effect. He makes a move towards them but suddenly finds himself dizzy and not facing the thieves but a white haired fighter...
    Arkados Blackmire the fallen, Blackguard and seeker and destroyer of all things good. With his Unholy rapier of life stealing and his Chaos Gaunlet he especcialy strikes terror into paladins or priests who do not have total faith or even slighty doubt their god. And that does not come hard when one looks upon him.
    Arkados grins at Shura. Oh what great times the two had together, roaming the land on his fiendish horse, killing the paladins who seek them out. Yes, he missed those times although many a time they came out so badly wounded they had to rest for weeks. And now they meet again. Arkados ponders the possibilities, then suddenly aware of his surroundings his look changes to one of confusion...

8. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

After waiting for what seemed like eternity, no warriors seemed to appear in the plane. Arkados looks at Shura through his long, straight and black hair... Shura in turn looks questionally at the robed figure, who merely shrugs in response.

9. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

As Tekode was walking down the street he felt a sharp pain in his back, a pain so precise that he knew it could only be a sneak attack from one of his peers at the order of the sable cloak. He knew he was dead and resigned himself to that fact. He was amazingly suprized to find himself waking up on another plane... he has no idea what hes doing here or why hes here.

10. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

(this was a good but short-lived topic, lets resurrect it)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.